Trigger shifter clamps...

UVRail

Sep 13, 2020
London
Hi all,

quick question.. just looking at using a BBB BSP-90 for a SRAM GX Shifter. I don’t need all the Matchmaker gubbins, just a simple low cost clamp which can open up to fit on the bar without removing grips etc. Would the BBB work?

cheers,
UV

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Nope. That's for fitting a front mech to a seat tube.

Think you need this...

Or buy another GX shifter cheap on eBay that comes with the bar clamp?

SRAM-Shifter-Clamp-Kit-for-XX1-X01-XX-X0-X9-X7-Trigger-Shifters-black-universal-26791-90160-1...jpeg

Last edited:

UVRail

Sep 13, 2020
London
Nope. That's for fitting a front mech to a seat tube.

Think you need this...

Or buy another GX shifter cheap on eBay that comes with the bar clamp?

View attachment 44407
Thanks, yes, the SRAM is the clamp that is best suited - the problem is that my grips are a nightmare to remove, so I was hoping to find a clamp that would open up so I can fit it over the bar without all the aggro! Any ideas?

cheers,
UV

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Used strong grip-glue then? Not aware of any other 3rd-party MMX solutions with a fully opening clamp, sorry!

UVRail

Sep 13, 2020
London
Used strong grip-glue then? Not aware of any other 3rd-party MMX solutions with a fully opening clamp, sorry!
Went for a Wolf Tooth shiftmount in the end to attach the shifter to my Shimano brake clamp.

The cost made my eyes water a bit, but an added benefit sill be a slightly tidier cockpit.

Seems a bit crazy that the dropper and brakes all have clamps which will open, as did my old SX shifter, but the mid/higher end shifters don’t!

cheers,
UV

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles