Trek rail or Ari timp peak

Chris83

Oct 20, 2023
Syracuse ny
I need some help deciding, I currently own a 2022 rail 9.8 Bosch motor and lately I’ve been wanting to sell the bike and try the Ari timp peak. I haven’t tried the shimano motor, is it similar to the Bosch regarding annoying rattle noise? I heard the ep801 does not rattle when not pedaling? Anyone ride this bike? I live upstate NY which where i live is flat with not much technical riding or mountains near me basically mostly cross country style in area. Two concerns about the rail I have is the motor rattle is very noisy when not pedaling which I can’t stand anymore. It’s been to local trek shop and they say it’s normal. Second concern is the bike is harsh when I ride over rooty trails or when gaining speed lot of vibration and harshness felt all over. Came with the RS ultimate shock then I tried the coil that didn’t make a difference then I bought the push 11-6 that helped the back end but not worth 1600 lol. I return got money back. I really want to try the Ari but have to sell this first to fund the bike. Maybe I should just buy a trek verve 3 low step bc most of the time my 9 year old and I just ride around town and to the park lol don’t need an e-bike for that I guess. Any ideas?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles