Trek rail 9.8 XT purple phaze its on its way

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
Small update from the bike shop today, the bike was supposed to arrive yesterday, so it's finally on its way. Could possibly be one of the last 2020 models made? Hopefully it wont take long to arrive?

Hi ive just spoken to them. The order has now changed from back order to 'picked' which means it has been boxed up from the warehouse. I dont have the tracking details but i will update you when i have more info.

Ive had other bikes that were due for delivery at the end of the month be moved to January so its definitely good news that this is on its way!

mtndug

May 21, 2020
Ashland Oregon, USA
oh, you are going to have fun! I switched to the less slack position on the micro link and it climbs better-which was helpful when I ran into the largest black bear I've yet seen while riding- definitely raised my adrenaline and cadence!

datonetti

Jun 9, 2020
Lodi, ca 95240
I spoke with my LBS yesterday. He gave me a July 24 delivery date on my XL 9.8 XT solid charcoal to root beer. I’m wondering if I may receive a 2021, being so late in the model year.

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
Project one bikes are built to order I believe so that date would fit in! I ordered mine around the 1st may so about 6 weeks. Might be too early for a 2021 model though

Gazzaaitken

Nov 7, 2019
Scotland
Well the bikes arrived, love the colour, big thanks to Adam at progression bikes, Dunkeld. For some awesome service

DSC_0704.JPG

DSC_0705.JPG

DSC_0706.JPG

DSC_0700.JPG

DSC_0699.JPG

DSC_0698.JPG

1981Miked

Jun 14, 2020
Dundee
Nice bike, love the colour. I received my Trek Rail 7 in the yellow and blue colour yesterday. Took it for a wee spin last night to set it up and out for a proper ride tonight. It’s my first ebike and I’m totally in love with it. Such a nice bike to ride. I’m in Dundee so maybe see you out on the trails. ??

Bigxmtb

May 24, 2020
UK
Nice!
Don´t know if it´s good idea to stand the bike in that part of the dropper.

I second this. I had a dropper just die on me after repeatedly hanging it by that wouldnt move up and down anymore, im not a mechnical guy so no idea what i broke.

Philly G

Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
I second this. I had a dropper just die on me after repeatedly hanging it by that wouldnt move up and down anymore, im not a mechnical guy so no idea what i broke.
It's perfectly fine as long as the dropper is at full extension when you do it. Otherwise air can get pulled past the seals and mix with the oil, giving you a saggy post. Likewise you shouldn't pick the bike up by the saddle unless the dropper is fully extended. An exception to the rule would be the BikeYoke droppers which don't use an IFP and have abuilt-in bleed function. In the case of a carbon frame, you especially don't want to be clamping on the frame!

Philly G

Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Yeah I saw someone else on here lost their motor badge as well. Mine seems firmly attached, but I might prise it off and use a better adhesive to be sure.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
This was the kiox upgrade kit, waiting on the frame mount, shortage in the uk apparently, I think its it's due in next week.
Was about to ask the same question , what’s with the upgrade kit , or is it just a stem top mount . Easier to see up there I guess but easier to damage and looks a bit ugly .
Bike looks awesome , worth the wait Iam sure .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles