Trek Rail 9 2021 Mod's

Gavmush

Aug 13, 2020
Birmigham UK
Having just took the plunge on another bike, my EEB was getting neglected for a month or two, so it certainly deserved a few new shiny bits added to make it stand out.

I haven't had much interaction on here previously having only signed up as part of Rob's YouTube channel, but I'm happy to say I have taken away many pearls of wisdom and recommendations from these feeds, such as my new tyre purchase...... I didn't like the OEM Bontrager set it came with, so have gone for the classic DHF and DHR set up, but with tan wall's.... not sure it would work at first with the colour scheme, but it looks great I reckon! (y)

Hope bits went on as soon as I took delivery but recently added the tan walls, rim decals, new hope stem (whilst keeping the knock block function) as well as some DMR grips as my Ergons were looking tatty! Finally with a the new Apple Tag holder from Muc Off just for my own piece of mind, never used one of these tags previously so really impressed with the functionality of being able to track your pride and joy!

Great to see some of the other bikes on here and how everyone has personalised them, best bike i've had!

Trek 1.jpg

Trek 2.jpg

Trek 3.jpg

Trek 4.jpg

Trek 7.jpg

Gavmush

Aug 13, 2020
Birmigham UK
Great looking bike! And awesome garage/mancave… Are you looking at upgrading/modifying the ZEB Select +?

Thanks (y)

I'm pretty happy with the ZEB, so much so that I made sure my new 'normal' MTB had it specced as well as I think its pretty reliable. I definitely want to look into getting a coil rear shock though, but I know they can be expensive for a decent set up and having read a million threads on here about them, I know it can be confusing! I'll have to do some research!

BobMtnBkr

Mar 17, 2022
Williamsburg VA
Thanks (y)

I'm pretty happy with the ZEB, so much so that I made sure my new 'normal' MTB had it specced as well as I think its pretty reliable. I definitely want to look into getting a coil rear shock though, but I know they can be expensive for a decent set up and having read a million threads on here about them, I know it can be confusing! I'll have to do some research!

Interesting… I only have a handful of rides on my new ’21 Rail 9.8 XT, but I’m finding the shock (Rock Shox Deluxe Ultimate) better than the fork (Rock Shox Select +). I’ll give it some break-in time but will probably switch the select damper to the ultimate damper.

Digging the racing paraphernalia on the wall.

Gavmush

Aug 13, 2020
Birmigham UK
Interesting… I only have a handful of rides on my new ’21 Rail 9.8 XT, but I’m finding the shock (Rock Shox Deluxe Ultimate) better than the fork (Rock Shox Select +). I’ll give it some break-in time but will probably switch the select damper to the ultimate damper.

Digging the racing paraphernalia on the wall.
Yeah, I'll give it a few more rides through the summer and see whether I want to upgrade anything else but got the bike running nice at the minute.....

and thanks, i'm running out of room now for anymore haha but turning the garage into my own little museum takes priority over the rest of the house haha.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles