Trail centres or moors

• Thread starter Deleted member 7464
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7464

Hi guys,after riding trail centres and recently getting back onto the moors.what is your favourite type of riding?trail centres or moors?mine is moors for sure ??

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK
Because..................? :)

Where I live there are no moors but I like Cleeve Common, the highest point in the Cotswolds, for the views and the open aspect but I prefer the Forest of Dean trail centre for the technicality of the trails, the company of other riders ( I tend to ride alone) and the convenience for a days riding but if I had to choose it would be the trail centre.

Al

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Would it blow your mind to be told we have trail centres built ON moors? ;)

I honestly don't care about views from the top of moors though so only really enjoy riding up them if there are trails coming back down that are actually worth the effort. I've never understood the snobbery from a lot of mtb riders about trail centres either.

Riding is what you make it and both are enjoyable but well built trails are generally more fun than featureless natural tracks down a moor. Especially in concentrated areas with a healthy trailbuilding scene.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
I love coming to this forum and rediscovering the English language.

So a moor is an invading moroccan or muslim? Wrong context? Gary....riding on burial grounds?

A place to go shooting? Hmmm...I've heard errrmericans shooting trails....

A barren wasteland? Scenes from mad max ? .I guess people ride the laparinta trail ( Review: trekking the iconic Larapinta Trail ) but I didn't think the uk had desserts?

Most of the other descriptions sound like weed infested scrubland? It'd be nice to not have to worry about widow makers dropping trunks across trails .

Yeah, nah, I'll stick to the alpine riding or single line through the bush.

Sorry, I really should finish my coffee before typing anything

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Gary....riding on burial grounds?
In a way, I suppose... moors here are also used for rich twats to dress up and shoot stupid birds with big guns that fire a spray of pellets so they can't really miss... and afterwards said rich twats don't even take the stupid (now dead) birds home with them.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
In a way, I suppose... moors here are also used for rich twats to dress up and shoot stupid birds with big guns that fire a spray of pellets so they can't really miss... and afterwards said rich twats don't even take the stupid (now dead) birds home with them.

Now I'm scared, it must be hard being a female in the uk

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles