Tip for new and old Emtb'ers

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
After owning both a Bulls and now a Trek emtb there is one tip I would like to share that sometimes people may not consider at the time of purchase of there new ride.

If your new emtb has manufacturer specific parts then try to stock/purchase one of each of the cheaper parts to have on hand. I have learned this lesson after having a part break on both of my rides. There is nothing worse than waiting weeks/months for a $5 part to fix a ride simply because its not a part that is normally stocked at any bike shop.
Examples could be:
Rear/front derailer hangers
Controller mounts or hardware
Cadence/speed magnets
Motor mount or bash guard screws
Cables
Battery/charge port covers

schleprx7

Aug 7, 2020
SF Bay Area
Couldn't agree more!!!

My bike has down about 2 weeks now after damaging the speed sensor cable due to snagging some loose twigs in my rear wheel. I ordered 2 but shimano seems to be out of stock of a lot of parts.

I've also taken out 2 rear derailleurs a rear wheel and worn out a rear tire on my ebike in a span of 5 months of riding. I been riding my other bike for years without any sort of mechanicals other than tires.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
You can use the power mode shifter to prevent you having to change gear when going uphill. Just shift up a notch, then when you are past the crunch point, shift gear and then return to the previous power mode.

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
Agreed. A lot of parts are hard to find at the moment so I'm trying to stock up on spares including chains etc. They'll come in handy at some point, so I dont feel like I'm wasting any money.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles