Thron2 6.8 or 6.9 advice

griffithsgl6

Aug 15, 2021
Gloucestershire
Hi,
Looking at purchasing a 2021 Thron2 6.8 or 6.9 after cancelling an order for a Cube after countless delivery dates moves.
What advice or reviews do current / past owners have of them and do you recommend?

Cheers Gary

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
A couple of my mates have bought them. They love 'em.

My wife has the 6.7EQP. She loves it.

Nothing to look out for other than if you get it mail order you really do need to do a proper check on every fastener with a torque wrench. Almost everything is left loose expecting a dealer to do a full PDC.

There were a couple of threads in here about the wrong chainring being installed a year or two back. Just make sure you have got a "narrow/wide" chainring suitable for your chain. I'm pretty sure that's now been resolved (probably a "new start" in the Focus factory).

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
I have a Thron2 6.9 on order in OZ waiting arrival of stock but don't even know the specs, dealer can't advise as its under embargo and stock not yet arrived.

Howie145

May 13, 2020
Australia
If you are looking at riding on trails and off road carefully check the specs re forks and dropper post. In 2020 due to Covid lock downs and stock availability I picked up a 6.8 equip as it was the only XL left in the country. The 6.8 in medium we also got at the same time had much better off-road specs. It's been a long journey finding the parts (due to stock availability) to upgrade the 6.8 equip for comfortable off-road use.

russellb

Jan 21, 2022
Central Coast
If you are looking at riding on trails and off road carefully check the specs re forks and dropper post. In 2020 due to Covid lock downs and stock availability I picked up a 6.8 equip as it was the only XL left in the country. The 6.8 in medium we also got at the same time had much better off-road specs. It's been a long journey finding the parts (due to stock availability) to upgrade the 6.8 equip for comfortable off-road use.

Yup I was looking to get the equip as I wanted the back rack, however my understanding is that the 2020 equip model is slightly lower spec'd. That's why I wanted either an 6.8 / 6.9 ordered the 6.9 and then I believe you can add the back rack as the higher models still have the attachment points for the rack built in.

Howie145

May 13, 2020
Australia
Yup I was looking to get the equip as I wanted the back rack, however my understanding is that the 2020 equip model is slightly lower spec'd. That's why I wanted either an 6.8 / 6.9 ordered the 6.9 and then I believe you can add the back rack as the higher models still have the attachment points for the rack built in.
Both our 2020 models came with the rack points on the rear frame. The 6.8 also came with a front light cable already installed. It was easily retrieved from being curled up in the frame.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles