The witches hill Pendle...thought Id ride up it..serious technical single track but great views

j_s

Feb 4, 2020
Nottingham
Looks an awesome place. Videos hide so much of what it is actually like to be somewhere to get a real idea of the lay of the land.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
By the way Pendle Hill is impossible on a motorbike unless you are powerful enough to lift one over the fences at the bottom of the hill in which case if you're capable of that you wouldn't need any assistance going up it!!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
By the way Pendle Hill is impossible on a motorbike unless you are powerful enough to lift one over the fences at the bottom of the hill in which case if you're capable of that you wouldn't need any assistance going up it!!
As far as Im concerned any throttle acctuated bike is a motorbike..regardless of wether it has pedals or not ..

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Isn't Pendle Hill a bit anti- MTB from the red sock brigade ? Just puts me off going there!

Rode there once and chanced it on a very quiet day though
I have a route in a book that goes AROUND Pendle Hill, as there appear to be no Bridleways that go UP the hill, only footpaths. For that reason I've also avoided it as it is quite popular with walkers...

Bobbobby

Nov 7, 2018
United Kingdom
I have a route in a book that goes AROUND Pendle Hill, as there appear to be no Bridleways that go UP the hill, only footpaths. For that reason I've also avoided it as it is quite popular with walkers...
Yes..there is an ongoing debate about a concessionary bridleway.
As I said all the signs have been stripped of the boards.
Maybe mtbers...maybe walkers .
I guess I was lucky enough to pick a very quiet day..only one walker who cheerfully said hello.
Dont think I'll go up again.
And yes it is a motorbike, but nowhere near enough power to tear up the scenery.
The fat tyres just glide over it.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England

I have got that route and did it once

It's in the South Pennines book

It has so much road on that route and lots of uninspiring boggy bridleways. I ended up going off-route and up on one of the (easier) footpaths to Summit just to make the ride better! Back down to the reservoir and joined back up with the book's route later on.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I've not done it as that's what I suspected when I read the route. Other better routes to do, might as well drive past and go to Gisburn a few miles up the road...

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
There's even a bloody stile to lift over, you don't expect that on a book's routes. A bit closer than Gisburn and riding somewhere different not knowning whats coming next always makes a ride better even if it is mostly rubbish.

jooles

Jan 23, 2020
South Wales
super video ….last time I was there it was flying a hang glider. Remember parking park way up then a killer climb on foot with 100lb of gear. No throttle ;-)

must revisit sometime on the eeeeb

Last edited:

jooles

Jan 23, 2020
South Wales
Well paragliders have taken over as an easier to learn form of foot launched free flight (although still very capable of some amazing flights) however hang gliding is still very much alive with some Carbon aerospace tek that puts CF bike frame flex designs to shame.

check the Atos VX range out…

those were the days true 3D sport…

Bobbobby

Nov 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Yes I follow, a few paramotor channels and a friend of a friend paramotors nearby.
He simply bought one after years of kite surfing and taught himself.
Reckless..but hes still alive 2 years later.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles