The struggle to decide between Kenevo and merida e160

V86

Jul 13, 2018
Norway
I really struggle between these two.

Merida e160 900e is a beast of a bike but a bit out of my price range . I can buy it but its not smart choice money wise.
So the 800 is a bit more in my price range. But for the same price I can get a demo used kenevo expert or a kenevo comp.

Any thoughts? I have only parkinglot ride both of them (e160 and comp/kenevo) .
I used to ride a scott ransom 20 (160mm front and rear) some years ago but I would say I'm still quite a neewbie when it comes to MTB and EMTB

The kenevo Comp was the budget winner in the newest e-mountainbike magazine issue Out Now! E-MOUNTAINBIKE Issue #017 – Right Choice! | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine
The merida e160 800 has won this title before but (mostly lack of innovations since the lst model) did't make it to the top this time.

From what I've heard the merida can be a bit more playfull on the trail and the motor engages faster than the brose (wich can be critical in technical climbing)

I will ride it as an enduro with both alot of downhill but also trail.

Is there anyone here who have tried both on the trail and have some feedback?

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
@Rob Hancill ‘s latest video YouTube reviewed the Merida.

If you gonna do trail and Enduro I would say the Merida. The kenevo is not a poppy playful bike and is quite heavy feeling from friends that have had them.

The takeaway from the day was that the Merida was a very playful poppy bike but didn’t have the travel for big hits like drop offs etc but was a very fun bike indeed. It is a lot of money. If it was me though it would be a tough choice. The kenevo is due a refresh this year which will mean you’ll have an out of date bike before too long..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles