Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Product Image:
IMG_0212.jpeg

IMG_0214.jpeg

Product name: Teng Tools
Price paid: £61.99
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: Picked these up at Screwfix, they come in a EVA Foam tray to fit in one of their custom cabinets, I'm not getting a cabinet so will properly hang them on the wall although it is a nice tray, laser cut foam and the tool fit very snug. I've used them a few time now and I'm very happy, a good solid fit into a bolt and I felt confident to use whatever force I needed, the handle of these hex keys are small compared to a Park Tool of the same size (4mm). They would be a 10/10 but for the very small etched writing on the stem denoting the size, this is clear on the bigger size's but pretty small and could be hard to see when looking for a 2.5 or 3mm.
Overall happy to have Teng Tools in my soon to be built workshop.

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
Nice review. Most of the bolts in bicycle seem to be in such positions that you get straight line with the tool (not sure if this is correct way to say it..) but most the allenkey long heads are rounded. There's often a risk to get the bolt rounded if it's too tight. Would be interesting to find a set that has straight heads in the long end.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The part number on the handle also denotes the size
eg.
Stock number 510504. The final two digits 04 = 4mm

a full set for bike repair also requires a 2mm and a 10mm

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles