Kenevo SL Take a 2022 or wait for new stock

andronin

Jul 3, 2022
South Africa
Hi
I can get an S4 Kenevo SL expert in yellow, it is the last one in the country (South Africa).

they have new stock coming in November, would it make sense waiting for those to arrive or should I bit the proverbial bullet and grab what I can right now?

Bearing in mind I do have a 2021 Levo SL so waiting is not a problem.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Hi
I can get an S4 Kenevo SL expert in yellow, it is the last one in the country (South Africa).

they have new stock coming in November, would it make sense waiting for those to arrive or should I bit the proverbial bullet and grab what I can right now?

My experience with Specialized has been hit and miss here in Canada. LBS make promises based on their Distributers making promises and there you are left waiting and waiting. I waited 8 months for a KSL to show up to my LBS but it never did. I ended up having to drive 12 hours to go pick one up from another store. I wouldn't buy an expert if you plan on changing the components that make up the difference (which is what I did). I also have a modified Levo SL which seems to be almost as capable as my Kenevo SL on the trails I ride (except when it comes to hitting the Bike Parks in my area). YMMV.

Hitorogoshi

May 19, 2020
South Africa
The KSL is newish. They won’t bring a new motor or anything drastic other than parts to the lineup. I have a virtually new S4 expert for sale in Cape Town if you’re interested

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
Although waiting for the new Levo SL is altogether a different matter. It’s due anytime soon and is going to be a game changer if the rumour mill is to be believed!

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
Although waiting for the new Levo SL is altogether a different matter. It’s due anytime soon and is going to be a game changer if the rumour mill is to be believed!
The Levo SL is playing catch up, it’s a bit late to the 50-60nm party. I’ve seen the bikes out being ridden, didn’t see anything “game changing” other than the option for the flight attendant suspension. It’s a 60nm motor with stumpy evo’ish geometry.

BikingBad

Sep 6, 2022
USA
Hi

I’m also close to buying a KSL Expert (S4 yellow), would be disappointed if an improved version (1.2 motor?) is released in 2 months.

andronin

Jul 3, 2022
South Africa
Ended up biting the bullet and got a Yellow Expert. What a machine.
B6C7518F-B734-4C16-B87B-414DE02C1198.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles