SW-e6000 issues

sonofhans

Feb 20, 2019
Miami, Qld
I have had an SW-e6000 on my Merida e160 for the past few months which has been great. Last couple of rides the middle 'up' button has started working intermittently. To check it wasn't motor/system related I plugged the e8000 remote back and that works fine.
So has anyone had similar problems and found a fix or is it warranty?
Bought through bike24 but live in Aus so warranty a bit of a pain.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
I have had an SW-e6000 on my Merida e160 for the past few months which has been great. Last couple of rides the middle 'up' button has started working intermittently. To check it wasn't motor/system related I plugged the e8000 remote back and that works fine.
So has anyone had similar problems and found a fix or is it warranty?
Bought through bike24 but live in Aus so warranty a bit of a pain.
I've recently ordered one so I'm hoping they aren't prone to issues.
How long is the cable on these as I want to run it next to my grip on some 780mm bars and it has to be long enough to reach the head unit just on the other side of the stem.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
They are not as robust as the 7000 or 8000 version as they are designed for commuter bikes, but I had two on different bikes with no issues before swapping them for the 7000 switch.

I cant remember if there are different cable sizes on the 6000, but you want 400mm if there are

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
They are not as robust as the 7000 or 8000 version as they are designed for commuter bikes, but I had two on different bikes with no issues before swapping them for the 7000 switch.

I cant remember if there are different cable sizes on the 6000, but you want 400mm if there are
I’d like the 7000 but they’re impossible to purchase here in Australia and Bike24 don’t post to here either.

Phill_B_34

Feb 11, 2019
Brisbane, AUS
I’d like the 7000 but they’re impossible to purchase here in Australia and Bike24 don’t post to here either.

Ridewill in Italy have them with either 300mm or 400mm cables.
SW-E7000-L left-hand drive for Steps engine 300mm cable E-Bike Control Unit, Remote Controls SHIMANO
SW-E7000-L left-hand drive for Steps engine 400mm cable E-Bike Control Unit, Remote Controls SHIMANO

...or contact Bike24 and ask if they can send the 7000 to Australia, I've bought a lot of stuff from them with no problems at all.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales

R120

Can you scroll through the different screens with the 7000 as you can with the 6000?

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
I've had two shipments from Bike 24 to where I live in NSW.

Gordon
Everytime I put something in my cart it comes up with an error stating that they don't post to Australia. Can't even email them as that fails too.

Edit: It would appear that I can order some items to Australia but the e7000 switch flags up as unable to be posted to Australia.

Last edited:

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Everytime I put something in my cart it comes up with an error stating that they don't post to Australia. Can't even email them as that fails too.

Edit: It would appear that I can order some items to Australia but the e7000 switch flags up as unable to be posted to Australia.

Interesting. That's where I ordered my e7000 switches from. Had no issues.

edit: I'm getting the same here, now as well. Weird. Looks like you're going to have to try a LBS or eBay.

Gordon

Last edited:

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Interesting. That's where I ordered my e7000 switches from. Had no issues.

edit: I'm getting the same here, now as well. Weird. Looks like you're going to have to try a LBS or eBay.

Gordon

Yeah I went with Ridewell in Italy, as you stated postage was brutal but it does post via Fedex Express. Shit it's only money and it'll tidy up my cockpit to how I like it and allow me to run my dropper remote closer to the grip or under the bar when I change my dropper out to the Fox Factory Transfer.

On Fedex, I recently bought an item for my Mustang and it shipped for free from the US via Fedex Express. Ordered on a Friday night at 10.15pm my time, received an email next morning that it had been posted (yeah right I thought), delivered to my door in Alice Springs at 2.30pm on Monday afternoon, outstanding!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles