Stunlocker question

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Stunlocker licensed installed and indeed quite happy so far on first trial run tonight on some biggish bike park jumps tabletops etc... What I'd like to know on my android version is:
  • What is roughly optimum setting, I've set to US and wheel circumference 2200mm-27.5 on drop down list... the % adjuster further below only goes to down -5% which I did.
  • Was recommended to reduce wheel size to 62%, does this equate to a certain wheel size in mm I should do...what is the % adjuster below for then?
  • Will not be changing any other settings...only need an increase in speed to clear gaps and jumps.
Currently pleasantly happy with outcome and congrats to app developer... my future concern is what will happen if I need to change android phone will the license still be recognised when reinstalling all apps, anyone done this ?

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
have found that wheel circumference between 1300mm and 1600mm provides close to "class 3" ebike" top speeds. I never touch any other setting but wheel circumference. I made adjustments to power level in Etube per setting e.g. eco, trail, boost and then viewed data in stunlocker.

Eco medium Etube setting = 40% assist/30NM, boost low 150% assist/70NM to find what works best for me and my regular trails.

I believe if you change phones you have to buy the phone app again but license still valid.

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
have found that wheel circumference between 1300mm and 1600mm provides close to "class 3" ebike" top speeds. I never touch any other setting but wheel circumference. I made adjustments to power level in Etube per setting e.g. eco, trail, boost and then viewed data in stunlocker.

Eco medium Etube setting = 40% assist/30NM, boost low 150% assist/70NM to find what works best for me and my regular trails.

I believe if you change phones you have to buy the phone app again but license still valid.
Cheers...been reading through the manual, thanks for your input on settings...many thanks

ebikerlancs

Oct 28, 2019
Lancashire, UK
Stunlocker licensed installed and indeed quite happy so far on first trial run tonight on some biggish bike park jumps tabletops etc... What I'd like to know on my android version is:
  • What is roughly optimum setting, I've set to US and wheel circumference 2200mm-27.5 on drop down list... the % adjuster further below only goes to down -5% which I did.
  • Was recommended to reduce wheel size to 62%, does this equate to a certain wheel size in mm I should do...what is the % adjuster below for then?
  • Will not be changing any other settings...only need an increase in speed to clear gaps and jumps.
Currently pleasantly happy with outcome and congrats to app developer... my future concern is what will happen if I need to change android phone will the license still be recognised when reinstalling all apps, anyone done this ?

Q for you - sure this had been covered elsewhere but I can't find it.

Is STUnlocker and a Bluetooth connection all I need to use this functionality? Or do I need a Shimano PCE1/2 interface.

Bike is being delivered next week or two and has E8000 motor and E7000 display.

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
Q for you - sure this had been covered elsewhere but I can't find it.

Is STUnlocker and a Bluetooth connection all I need to use this functionality? Or do I need a Shimano PCE1/2 interface.

Bike is being delivered next week or two and has E8000 motor and E7000 display.

Hello,
All you need is a bluetooth connection. The app is £1.49 which gives you the basics and for full functionality to change all settings £30 for license. I have always been dubious about these private developer apps but I can honestly say this app works great and very easy to use...it is far better than etube which can be temperamental when trying to connect. You do not need not need the PCE interface.

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California

Hi Squeegee,
I can only set the wheel size to 1680 or something like that, it will not go any lower. I do have Di2 so maybe that is my issue?

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
Hi Squeegee,
I can only set the wheel size to 1680 or something like that, it will not go any lower. I do have Di2 so maybe that is my issue?

Not sure what the issue is, works fine on mine.

06z

Jun 2, 2019
Southern California
Hello,
Shouldn't matter, you should be able to reduce wheel circumference down to whatever you wish in custom setting.
Not sure what the issue is, works fine on mine.
Ok, If I go to the circumference tab, it does not adjust down to 1300mm. If I go to the bike info tab, open the pencil on circumference, I can adjust it to 1300 mm. I'm happy it worked.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles