Strive ON Suspension setup

Quetech

Jun 8, 2024
Peterhead
Hi folks finally got a decent ride out on my Strive ON CFR and I am certainly impressed with the suspension compliance compared to my Trek rail but then it was a lower spec model.
I thought the rail which is a 29 did hold the line better but that maybe due to me going faster on the Strive ON as it handled the terrain so well.
I did have a couple of occasions where I thought the backend was not behaving as it should and therefore curious what settings people are running, I’m 67 kilo without kit and riding a medium.
Overall very impressed and can only get better with some tweaks.
Mike

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
I did have a couple of occasions where I thought the backend was not behaving as it should

Tyres?

I went from a Rail5 to a Torque:ON, first ride was interesting as the rear grip was dubious.......

replaced the Maxis with Conti Kriptotal and all was good (y)
^ NOT shittin on Maxis but where I ride (Bpw mostly) the Conti's really shine:cool:

Rich.

shakazulu12

Jan 18, 2024
Phoenix, AZ
I would need to go look at my setup notes, but one thing I figured out pretty quick was that it rode better for me with more spring/less sag than I would have expected. Ends up being around 25% sag or so for me at 88kg ready to ride weight with the factory Super Deluxe. I took out the volume spacer that it shipped with it in the process as well. I'm not entirely sure that this is because of anything wrong with the bike, or just that I felt better with the rear end a little higher dynamically. As compared to other bikes where 30% sag is my usual go-to figure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles