Steps e8000 backlash?

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
I’ve had my meta sx two days my first emtb and loving it?But I’ve noticed when I first put the power down weather it be left or right foot I notice a very slight slip probably not even 1 degree in crank movement,I don’t think it’s the pawl engagement at the rear because it kind of happens slightly after I’ve put the power down,it’s almost gives you feeling you’re chain is about to snap,I’ve checked crank arms rear pawl looks pukka and tried replicating it with the motor off checking play in bb etc and can’t find anything,is this just the motor engagement or slight backlash from the cogs inside?is this normal? ?It’s not a problem and I will get used to it?

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
is what you're feeling a backlash or a slip? to me those are different things

Shimano E8000 does have a surge/thrust initially when engaging, wondering if that's what you're feeling? Most noticeable in boost mode, in trail and eco hardly noticable.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
is what you're feeling a backlash or a slip? to me those are different things

Shimano E8000 does have a surge/thrust initially when engaging, wondering if that's what you're feeling? Most noticeable in boost mode, in trail and eco hardly noticable.
Thanks buddy it may be when the motor probably kicks in,I definitely put pressure down on the pedal and I feel a force then it feels like it gives away then back to a lesser force,maybe it just me and it is the motor taking over?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Sounds like all you're noticing is the motor clutch/spider freewheel kicking in

rachet your cranks and you'll feel it engage and disengage... you'll get used to it.. .learn it's timing and even infact learn that it's actually very useful in certain situations when riding.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Sounds like all you're noticing is the motor clutch/spider freewheel kicking in

rachet your cranks and you'll feel it engage and disengage... you'll get used to it.. .learn it's timing and even infact learn that it's actually very useful in certain situations when riding.
Just got home and tried it yes I see what you mean ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles