steer tube length

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
can someone please measue the length that is the minimum length? I am picking mine up on Thurs and came across a fox 36 to put on it but it is cut to 7 inches. So if someone coule please measure the size from the top of their fork where it touches the frame to the top of the frame for me.

luna87824

E*POWAH Master
Jan 19, 2019
Just South of The Grand Canyon
can someone please measue the length that is the minimum length? I am picking mine up on Thurs and came across a fox 36 to put on it but it is cut to 7 inches. So if someone coule please measure the size from the top of their fork where it touches the frame to the top of the frame for me.
What size frame?

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Depends on the size of your head tube+H/S stack/stem depth.
Measuring up you've that length, plus whatever the stack is on the headset(zero if its an inset), plus any height you want below the stem- which usually has a maximum of 40mm, then add to that the height of the stem clamp, which can be up to 50mm.

Example -
The headtube on my XL Scott is 145mm. The space below the stem is 30mm and the depth of the stem itself is 40mm. The headset is semi integrated and sticks up slightly about 5mm or so,so the total length of the steerer i would need if i wanted to fit another fork is 220mm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles