SRAM PG1210 Cassette

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Hi
I've done about 1000 miles on my Stereo 160 and on a recent ride, the chain came off. It's now jumping between the middle cogs and looks very much like the cogs on those middle rings are damaged. The cassette is a SRAM PG-1210 but trying to find a replcement is near impossible

I did read somewhere that the SRAM PG1230 is compatible. Is that accute? I have found one UK stockist of the PG-1230 so will order if true

Thanks

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hi
I've done about 1000 miles on my Stereo 160 and on a recent ride, the chain came off. It's now jumping between the middle cogs and looks very much like the cogs on those middle rings are damaged. The cassette is a SRAM PG-1210 but trying to find a replcement is near impossible

I did read somewhere that the SRAM PG1230 is compatible. Is that accute? I have found one UK stockist of the PG-1230 so will order if true

Thanks
New SRAM SX Eagle PG 12 Speed 1210 Cassette 11-50T For MTB Mountain Bicycle Bike | eBay

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
If you Google 'Sram Drivetrain compatibility' you can download a PDF that shows they use the the same hub.

The PG 1230 is listed for ebikes by Sram even though manufacturers use the cheaper 1210 and the reliable seller below is in the UK rather than China.

'The PG-1230 is the only Eagle cassette designed to be durable enough to withstand the increased demands of E-MTB applications and a perfect solution to heavy-duty use and abuse.'

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
If you Google 'Sram Drivetrain compatibility' you can download a PDF that shows they use the the same hub.

The PG 1230 is listed for ebikes by Sram even though manufacturers use the cheaper 1210 and the reliable seller below is in the UK rather than China.

'The PG-1230 is the only Eagle cassette designed to be durable enough to withstand the increased demands of E-MTB applications and a perfect solution to heavy-duty use and abuse.'

.......or Tredz, Tweeks , Biketart ( cheapest) ..et al. Seems one of the few cassettes that most bike shop have stock of.

Jeffw

Mar 2, 2019
North West
Thanks for the updates guys

Planetx have them in for £100, so will look at those other suppliers you mention

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles