Levo Gen 2 Sram 12 Speed Cassette on 2020 Levo Comp

HDW22

Jan 29, 2021
London
Go easy on me as i am new to this!! but am looking to upgrade my 2020 Levo Comp to the AXS wireless system and 12 speed.

Looking at the Sram XG-1299 Eagle Cassette which is understand needs the XD free hub, is that correct?

What i can't find out is what Freehub i have on my 2020 Levo Comp, can anyone confirm this? If it is not an XD (which i suspect it isn't) can i change the free hub to an XD? or am i looking at a new wheel?

Thanks in advance!

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
You have a Shimano freehub, Sram XG-1299 needs XD freehub, you can convert your current hub to XD driver. But XD is generally weaker design comparing to Shimano splines and would not recommend it for emtbs.
You can also use NX Eagle 11-50 cassete which uses Shimano freehub body, it has all steel cogs (better durability for emtbs), it is heavier than XG-1299 but also a lot cheaper.

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Several posters on here, as well as folks I ride with, use Shimano 12 speed cassettes with Shimano chains and AXS without issue. In fact all claim it shifts better under load.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Several posters on here, as well as folks I ride with, use Shimano 12 speed cassettes with Shimano chains and AXS without issue. In fact all claim it shifts better under load.
If you swap to Shimano 12sp then you defenetely need new freehub/wheel.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles