Speed Sensor error. Proprietary TORX tool?

Mesa

Nov 12, 2018
SO Cal
Have a 22 month old EPro +1 Trance. It has been great. So, I take it to the warrantied small shop in my town.
They claim there is a special GIANT TORX tool to remove the sensor mount screw. Where can I get one?

My Speed Sensor LED red light and #3 led error / problem started when I redid my cable.
BTW: Where's the strain relief for full arm travel?
Maybe I damaged the wire?
The brake hydraulic line has plenty inches for a smooth strain relief curve but not the speed sensor.

I have read some other threads here on the forum. Is there is a faster way for me to replace that part because my shop is slammed and the part might take too long coming? Possibly not be the culprit?

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
Hi, this is not a special Giant torx but a standard 'security torx' also called 'tamper resistant torx', you should be able to find the right tool in any hardware shop.
To check if there is any strain on the cable you must remove all the pressure on your shock and look at the cable when playing with the rear suspension. After that you put back your shock to your usual pressure.

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
For non safety critical bolts you can often use a flat blade screwdriver if you find one that's a good fit.

Mesa

Nov 12, 2018
SO Cal
Awesome INFO. thanks....

Do you know where to buy a sensor assy cable? I found a Euro Amazon/de. with one. But that seems weird.

Can you just splice just a new wire from the plastic connecter and the sensor arm?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles