Spectral Protection

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
First full ride on my 6.0 yesterday with resultant post ride clean. Even though it was little more than dusty, one thing that became clear was, mainly due to its none integrated battery, it's going to be a bit tricky to clean when things get really muddy.
So just wondered if any sort of cover/sleeve is available for the battery?

Clansey

Aug 13, 2018
Liverpool
First full ride on my 6.0 yesterday with resultant post ride clean. Even though it was little more than dusty, one thing that became clear was, mainly due to its none integrated battery, it's going to be a bit tricky to clean when things get really muddy.
So just wondered if any sort of cover/sleeve is available for the battery?
Can't say I've ever had issues cleaning mine. I remove the battery and clean that with a wet wipe indoors, the rest of the bike I clean like any other bike with muc off brushes and a hose.

I've got wd40 contact cleaner but to be honest I've only ever used it once

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
This is how my bike looked after descending Lourdes WC DH track. Just washed it and was OK for another run. The ease of removal only makes it more easy to clean.

1F28CEC2-A264-47D3-BFCF-DECD72C6B74F.jpeg

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
If you think that's muddy, you need to experience a Peak District winter.
Anyway, I solved the problem in a somewhat sad way. CLINGFILM :eek:
Pictures or ...

Good memories! Now I am glad that I took it easy on those first rides, even more on the climbs. Rode the bike for 10 days without issues. Since on home soil, have broken chain twice and derraileur hanger once .
Absolutely love this bike!
Ditched that saddle and trimmed the bars. Put skinny tyres and so it looks:

153C5D0F-C329-4482-87A4-186056BDA1C2.jpeg

JPimenta

May 29, 2019
Portugal
[QUOTE = "Peaky Rider, postagem: 101506, membro: 2809"]
Primeiro passeio completo no meu 6.0 ontem com resultado pós passeio limpo. Mesmo que fosse um pouco mais que empoeirado, uma coisa que ficou clara foi, principalmente devido à bateria não integrada, vai ser um pouco complicado de limpar quando as coisas ficarem realmente lamacentas.
Então, gostaria de saber se há algum tipo de capa / capa para a bateria?
[/CITAR]

Boa tarde

Aqui está o que você precisa.

https://www.deporvillage.pt/proteto...D_QDDDdDHsD_QDD_QDDHsD_QDDDHsD_QDD_QDDHsD_QD9

1 abraço

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
[QUOTE = "Peaky Rider, postagem: 101506, membro: 2809"]
Primeiro passeio completo no meu 6.0 ontem com resultado pós passeio limpo. Mesmo que fosse um pouco mais que empoeirado, uma coisa que ficou clara foi, principalmente devido à bateria não integrada, vai ser um pouco complicado de limpar quando as coisas ficarem realmente lamacentas.
Então, gostaria de saber se há algum tipo de capa / capa para a bateria?
[/CITAR]

Boa tarde

Aqui está o que você precisa.

https://www.deporvillage.pt/proteto...D_QDDDdDHsD_QDD_QDDHsD_QDDDHsD_QDD_QDDHsD_QD9

1 abraço

Thanks JPimento

I have seen the battery cover you show in the link but feel it will not keep mud out of the battery pocket in the frame where the battery sits.

I have progressed from using clingfilm, which was very effective, but looked rubbish. I now use a homemade neoprene cover which I wrap around both the frame and battery. Super strength velcro tape closes it into place.

It works just great and as my bike is stealth coloured it is hardly noticeable.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles