• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Specialized levo / kenevo riders .....

Sinkrate

Jan 27, 2020
Uk
Hi all :)

Looking at a Levo or Kenevo SL and would be great to get some feedback on the different models. Currently a Kenevo SL Comp is sort of at the top of the list but changes by the hour......

So what do you have, pros and cons and what sort of range and riding are you doing?

Would anyone buy second hand for a better spec, undecided on this one as its my first emtb. I mainly ride xc in the hills with some trail centres thrown in throughout the year.

Cheers :)

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Be honest with yourself about what kind of riding you're going to do. A KSL might take some of the fun and challenge out of XC riding.

Can't speak for range and not too much technical riding yet (sidelined with motor warranty).

Pros:
- Light/bike-like
- Looks more or less like a normal bike
- Very pedalable with motor off
- Compatible with 220mm rear rotor

Cons:
- Reliability (?) SL motors don't have the reputation of Brose 2.1, but mine developed a significant problem in 4 rides.
- Gear noise takes getting used to while under power
- Have to unplug the RE to charge it
- (KSL) Potentially overbiked to the point of being boring on tame XC trails. Never felt that on my Wreckoning before, but there have been a couple moments I felt it on the KSL.

Last edited:

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
IMG_20220305_114231__01__01.jpg

I got the Kenevo but I'm more of a trail rider who jumps ect. If you're mainly XC go for the Levo SL, it's lighter and more set up for that, this thing is set for coming down fast, big travel, very capable bike. Levo SL Carbon como I test rode felt very nice

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles