Something's right with my Levo. 1,673 mi and no failures!

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
Just balancing out the something's wrong threads for those considering buying one ;). Not that there aren't legitimate issues but if everything's good you're using whatever it is, not posting about it.

My 2019 Comp hasn't failed me since buying it last May. Washed regularly and ridden through rain, mud, shallow creek crossings, etc. Starts every time and the motor sounds about the same as on day one. Outside normal maintenance and wear and tear the only issue has been a sticky rear brake lever. The climate here in the San Francisco bay area is fairly mild so your conditions may be harsher and/or you'll be one of the unlucky ones but there's a better chance if you buy one we'll never hear from you 'cause all's good and you're out riding. :)

Jeff H

May 19, 2019
San Jose, CA, USA
New motor, 2 looms, speed sensor and in once again to solve motor fault light indication,
I feel your pain and I’d be pissed too but my point is most people only post when there’s a problem, giving the impression it’s a common issue and the product is garbage. Nobody posts about not needing a new motor, etc. Well, except me :p

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Right on, Jeff!

We have seven Specialized ebikes in the extended family: two 2018 Vados, two 2018 Levos, and three 2019 Levos. All have been trouble free so far. We're in Southern California so they haven't seen as much bad weather many others experience, but we've put the Levos thru their paces and wash them frequently (common sense required).

Bottom line is we're pretty happy with the Brose motors and have confidence in Specialized warranty support if needed. Credit is also due @Al Boneta (Orange Cycles) who made sure the bikes were correctly prep'd (!) before they went out the door.

Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
Right on, Jeff!

We have seven Specialized ebikes in the extended family: two 2018 Vados, two 2018 Levos, and three 2019 Levos. All have been trouble free so far. We're in Southern California so they haven't seen as much bad weather many others experience, but we've put the Levos thru their paces and wash them frequently (common sense required).

Bottom line is we're pretty happy with the Brose motors and have confidence in Specialized warranty support if needed. Credit is also due @Al Boneta (Orange Cycles) who made sure the bikes were correctly prep'd (!) before they went out the door.
Warranty is great, just rather not have to make use of it

Rich the gasman

E*POWAH Master
May 4, 2019
North east
My ‘19 went about 2600mi without any issue.
Then a motor failure, today a main power wire failed and last week my brake line was cut by the frame where it enters the chain stay.

Still love it. Just want to ride it.
My brake line has done Similar on 2019 levo expert, and on my 2nd power cable, went to switch it on today at the forest ( hasn’t got wet or dirty in 2 weeks) and won’t switch on unless I disconnect battery and push it back on then it comes on by its self. Think I’ve got a Friday bike lol.

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
I have two 17's that are over three years old. One has 4400 miles. The motor went out at 3200 miles and it was out of the warranty time period. Specialized sent a new motor free of charge. Great company! The seat posts are still working great. The shifting cables and derailleurs are original. Still using all original power and speed cables. Had to buy new batteries. The original batteries still work but only charge to 80% and shut off at around 30-40%. I ride all seasons and am very happy with the bikes. All the fork and shock seals are still holding at over three years. I had a broken axle that I would consider normal wear for the application.

jbrinsfi

Jun 5, 2019
Thousand Oaks
2018 Turbo Levo Comp Carbon now with 1100 miles of riding all over the South Western US. No problems requiring any Specialized warranty. Just brake pads, chain, and replaced stock seat. Bike is solid. I ride at lower assist levels then most but do a lot of climbing. Use dampened cloth and brush to clean bike when it gets muddy.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
No matter what brand motor, they will all crap out sooner or later. Better to have it crap out within the 2 year warranty period and get a new motor with a reset 2 year warranty.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Btw, mine done 4500 miles before the bearings got a little rough and loose.
I plan on keeping mine till the tech improves somewhat and the prices come down.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles