Software updates

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I've that wee spanner thing came up on my purion display and i had arranged to put the bike in for a basic service-Covering any errors and software update.

But see to be honest I'm reluctant to do it and have cancelled. The mechanical side of things - drivetrain, brakes fork/shock etc i can do myself, but I've not had any problems with the motor/battery aside of things and have heard that software updates can result in errors. Im of the mind "If it ain't broke, don't try fix it"

I thought I'll do a complete mechanical service and leave it at that,and if any electrical or such errors come up, at that point i would contact the LBS and take it form there.

Anyone agree, or should I put it in for this 'service'

I'm not saying I don't trust this company, but they're marking up most parts a few quid here and there over an above the top end price of stuff - Like I got my lock from them for £110, and its 90 at other places, pads are a fiver more expensive etc etc. Considering the bikes they sell are all the high end £4k+ minimum, this nickel and diming everything seems to me a bit mercenary.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I think you're doing the right thing, the motors don't need a 'service'.

If it ain't broke,don't fix it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles