Skarper

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
‘It means you can clip-on the system to carry you to the top of the mountain, unhook it and stow it in your pack and then you’re free to ride the trails on your / without the added weight and expense of an e-mountain bike“

So I guess Snowdon will be busy in the summer of 2023 with hoards of Halford’s hardtails cruising their way to the summit with their clip-on Skarper motors 😆

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Do I detect a smatter of badge snobbery MrG
🤣🤣

Haha no, it was just the phrase in the sentence in the article, ‘carry you to the top of the mountain’ that made me chuckle. ‘Halfords’ just works with ‘hardtail’ nicely 😆

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
If there was a way to attach a blender for some trail-side energy drinks …then I’d consider it. 😉

I’m going off topic here, but don’t care

Used to get really bad cramps, like really really bad. Cramp everywhere, my neck, my toes, sides, calves, hamstrings (ouch), arms, you name it, I’d get cramp. Would often wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramp and have to leap out of bed in agony and stretch it out against a wall

The cramps would be even worse after mtb’ing, even just driving home from the trails I’d cramp up when braking, accelerating, looking left or right at junctions. The cramps were really bad!

Anyway, I mentioned it to a pal whilst out on the trails as he wondered why I was doing a strange jiggy pain dance (yes I had cramp) and he recommended I try electrolyte tablets in a bottle of water after riding

These simple and cheap (Amazon) tablets have been a complete game changer. I only have one in a bottle of water after a ride and have never (touch wood) had cramp since, Can’t recommend them enough if you suffer from cramps like I used to

AD0F2168-53C3-4A51-A887-BBD1E3F4496D.jpeg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC

Used to get really bad cramps, like really really bad. Cramp everywhere, my neck, my toes, sides, calves, hamstrings (ouch), arms, you name it, I’d get cramp. Would often wake up in the middle of the night with leg cramp and have to leap out of bed in agony and stretch it out against a wall

The cramps would be even worse after mtb’ing, even just driving home from the trails I’d cramp up when braking, accelerating, looking left or right at junctions. The cramps were really bad!

Anyway, I mentioned it to a pal whilst out on the trails as he wondered why I was doing a strange jiggy pain dance (yes I had cramp) and he recommended I try electrolyte tablets in a bottle of water after riding

These simple and cheap (Amazon) tablets have been a complete game changer. I only have one in a bottle of water after a ride and have never (touch wood) had cramp since, Can’t recommend them enough if you suffer from cramps like I used to

View attachment 90325
Jehsus! (Ditto). Off topic here too. My breakfasts includes cereal, grains and at least 3 types of fruit. Let’s just say …it’s impressive. But I still get the cramps (at embarrassing times). Those leg cramps at 3:00am hurt and hand-cramps while riding or braking. 🤬
Electrolyte’s…I’ll give it a try. 👍🏻

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland

View attachment 90325
Just drinking plenty of water / staying properly hydrated during a ride will have the same result ..
I used to cramp a lot and used a similar product ( NUUN) which I would swear by but haven't for a good few years ..just drank more water during the ride ..without any problems .
( The worst I've had was while straddling the bike when both legs fully cramped at the same time ..thought I was going to die and couldn't move at all ! 😫)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just drinking plenty of water / staying properly hydrated during a ride will have the same result ..
I used to cramp a lot and used a similar product ( NUUN) which I would swear by but haven't for a good few years ..just drank more water during the ride ..without any problems .
( The worst I've had was while straddling the bike when both legs fully cramped at the same time ..thought I was going to die and couldn't move at all ! 😫)

I used to drink so much water to try and eliminate the risk of cramps but it never worked for me, until these magic little tablets entered my life 😀

And yes, had the double leg cramp attacks too, much to the amusement of my partner

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I drink a lot of water on my rides too. I’m even tempted to lick the morning dew from leaves and ferns. Creek water will have to do when the bottle is empty though.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I drink a lot of water on my rides too. I’m even tempted to lick the morning dew from leaves and ferns. Creek water will have to do when the bottle is empty though.

I’ve seen handy little filters fitted to small bags that people use to fill up their bottles from fresh mountain springs / streams (and neatly stash in their hip-packs after)

No idea of the brand or where you buy them from though, but sound like the perfect solution for you

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Used my Stanfields Wool Sweater as a filter once when I ran out of water by 9:00am on a south facing hillside. The water was still brownish but I didn’t care. Helicopter arrived 4 hours later. I never got sick though …thank goodness. I didn’t think that many cramps were possible. 🥵

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Climbing a Lake District trail I once saw the Mrs drink water from a stream on The Old Man of Coniston (not a euphemism) and I said careful there might be a dead sheep upstream. 200m later In smelt the worst stench and there was a big fat bloated sheep surrounded by blue bottles in the stream.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles