Levo Gen 2 Size for 2020-21 Levo

Raider

Oct 17, 2020
Sweden
Getting my first EMTB coming off a YT capra PRO race 2019 (27” wheels, frame size large). Before that used to MTB and ride MX but that was 15 years ago, and the YT is the only bike I’ve owned since. Initial impression was that it might have been a bit on the large side but might just have been inexperience with modern mtb sizing and 800 mm bar.

I’m 5’8.5” (174 cm) with a ”cycling inseam” of about 32” and ape index plus 4” fwiw. The general sizing chart for the levo has me in the middle of size medium, but seeing pretty similar geometry as the capra I can probably ride a large as well.

I would prefer the s-sworks which is sold out in medium for 2020, but I can get a great deal on a size small and a ok deal on a large. I can’t test them though, no local shops.

Anybody that has up- or downsized their levo? The large comes with a 170 mm dropper which might have to be exchanged for a 150. Comparing the small with medium it’s the same stack - only 20 mm shorter and with a shorter seat tube and 125 mm dropper instead of 150. I guess if anything it’s the large for me with a shorter stem if necessary, but also interested in hearing if anyone has gone smaller! Thanks

BBear

May 18, 2019
Bristol
Hi. I’m the same height as you and leg length 1” shorter. I have the medium 2020 Levi and size is perfect. Mate has the large which I tried before I bought mine. Was definitely too big for me. I would demo one if your’re thinking of going outside your normal size.

Loe Rider

Oct 26, 2020
Kernow
I'm 6ft tall and ride a large. My mates are 5'6 to 5'8 on whytes and specialized bikes - all medium. But we're all different so a decent demo or hire for a couple of days is best if you can. Its a big investment after all.....

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
My mate is 5ft 8in and rides a medium Levo. I am 6ft and ride a large Levo. That said, I can ride his medium and he can ride my Large without any real issues, and that surprised me! I would suggest you go medium because having ridden both medium and large, to me, the medium feels far easier to throw around and it also feels like it has less flex. It just felt to me like the frame geo etc was designed around a medium....then scaled up and down for the other sizes.

Raider

Oct 17, 2020
Sweden
Thanks for your input! Can’t test ride one, so I’ll go for a happy medium (if I can find one).

willeco

Jul 28, 2020
Halle
I'm 5'10" (178cm). Riding a Giant in size M atm.
My friend has the same bike in size L and I feel better on his bike.
I have ridden the first TL model in size L also and have now ordered a Turbo Levo Comp size L.
Comparing my actual feel and the bike dimensions I feel the L will be the better choice for me.

EDIT: got my TLC in size L and after two long rides I can say the L is perfect fit for me.

Last edited:

EME

MUPPET
Aug 14, 2020
Zug
Im 1.795 m and ride a Medium , some would say I'm 1.80m. I have zero idea what is right or wrong unless I bought a "L" to compere over a month or so. Great bike though ..

Levo Laland

Nov 27, 2019
Surrey UK
If your bang in the middle of a size chart then I’d say go with the recommendation, you can adjust cockpit to fine tune. I was on the crossover of medium and large, tried the medium first, but went for the large and the seat post is all the way down into the frame.

James_C

Nov 25, 2019
Kent, UK
I'm almost the same size, medium is def right. Large feels too big (borrowed a large kenevo).

You might have longer legs and arms though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles