Show a picture of your favorite and slickest accessory on your bike

Andrei_

Jan 29, 2021
Germany
Sometimes I come across some cool accessories and I always think why didn't I had this early, so I will start first

20210210_151502.jpg

This is the best bike bell I ever had, it can barely be noticeable, and you can ring with winter gloves too, something I was struggling on my old ones

I'd like to see some stuff from you guys, who knows what I'm missing ?

manueloFRCR

Dec 29, 2020
Czech Republic
Because you are a nice group I put also my second favorite item.
A 15USD replacement trigger for saddle.
New one is red. Old one was so difficult to trigger in comparison.
very happy buy on this.

trigger.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Probably this little TOMTOM sports GPS unit..
_20210529_205248.JPG

It's tiny, super easy to use and records pretty much all the data my Garmin can including HR and Cadence with an 8hr+ battery life (5+ with backlight if night riding) it also comes with a strap so it can be worn as a GPS sports tracker watch. or just a timepiece ;)

I absolutely hate pointless accessories and an overly cluttered bar. Even stuff as unobtrusive as my headset mounted Gopro/light mount and garmin mounts if i'm not actually using the device.

Last edited:
Probably this little TOMTOM sports GPS unit..
View attachment 62832
It's tiny, super easy to use and records pretty much all the data my Garmin can including HR and Cadence with an 8hr+ battery life (5+ with backlight if night riding) it also comes with a strap so it can be worn as a GPS sports tracker watch. or just a timepiece ;)

I absolutely hate pointless accessories and an overly cluttered bar. Even stuff as unobtrusive as my headset mounted Gopro/light mount and garmin mounts if i'm not actually using the device.
Looks great! Do you know if it can export GPS-data to be used as overlay for Gopro-videos (and is the GPS-funktion reliable/usable as the GPS-funktion in the Gopros don't work very well)?

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Looks great! Do you know if it can export GPS-data to be used as overlay for Gopro-videos (and is the GPS-funktion reliable/usable as the GPS-funktion in the Gopros don't work very well)?
Yes. It exports all the GPS data to the TOMTOM app and you can have the app export it to STRAVA, MFP etc.
and can then do what you wish with the GPX files.
The last thing I'd ever want is GPS info in my Gopro footage so I'm afraid I don't know what format or even how you mash up gopro footage with GPS files.
And Yes it is very reliable and quick to find GPS signal. One tip if you do get one though. Use the PC interface often to allow the unit to clear/update itself as it runs more smoothly than when solely updating via the phone app.

Oh... And if you want to try one they tend to sell on Ebay for about £40. And make sure you buy the model that has the altimeter metric.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles