Sold Shock sold

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
This Shock has NO HBO!

Adjustable HBO is only available for the coil shock.
If you need more progression, you can change the air can (like MegNeg in the past).

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
According to this review the linear air shock has a fixed internal HBO, I can see on the progressive version which will be available in 4-5 months in the U.K. it will have adjustable HBO

Pretty sure if it has HBO there are graded markings on the end of the shaft beside the eyelet which your shock doesn't appear to have. There are so many variants it's hard to keep up!

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
If it would have HBO, it would have the „HBO Lines/Pyramid at the end“:

SDLXC1HBOBody00_large.png

You can send the serial number to SRAM, so they will tell you the same, no HBO.

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
Those lines are for the version with external adjustable HBO which will be released in approx 4 months.

There are reviews online ( I have linked one above where they completely stripped down the shock ) and the Sram website above that state there is the internal fixed HBO version and externally adjustable HBO version, you may well be right but Sram as above plus reviews online state that the standard air version has an internal fixed HBO.
No, this are the lines for HBO in general!

Chrysaor

Apr 12, 2021
Switzerland
MBj1703 is right, the hydraulic bottom out is option and this shock doesn't have it. The fixed hydraulic bottom out SDU have the pyramid markers on it (I have the same shock).

From SRAM website :
"Hydraulic Bottom Out is an optional feature in 2023 Super Deluxe, and Adjustable Hydraulic Bottom Out is an optional feature in 2023 Super Deluxe Coil."

Nevertheless, it is possible to upgrade it afterwards for fairly cheap with the part 11.4118.054.650 if I understood well.

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
So, you are not really informed :cool:
You can convert your shock to be more progressive by changing the air con for small money (this is what I did for my Canyon).
And you can add HBO for small money by changing the damper body.

PS: HBO has nothing to do with linear or progressive

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
Ah okay, if it is written on a page it is always the truth :ROFLMAO:

The shock is not designed for progressive frames in general. Air shocks are always progressive, because they are using the medium air. If the default progression is not enough, add tokens or the bigger air can.

The damper body cost around 25 EUR. Changing about 20 minutes.

Last edited:

MBj1703

Jul 15, 2021
Germany, near Munich
FYI from Rockshox:

Thanks for contacting RockShox Rider Support! I'm happy to help with your question.

The Super Deluxe Ultimate shock linked to the above serial number does not have HBO. This said it can be added with the replacement of the HBO damper body. If you're interested, I have included the part number below.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles