SHOCK ABSORBER NOZZLES

Poupy

Mar 27, 2020
France
Hello, does anyone know the dimensions of the spacers of the axis of the damper because the service yt did not want to answer me by explaining to me that changing the damper canceled the warranty...

Thank you because I would like to buy a new shock absorber and keep the old one to be able to change depending on the rides

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I presume you are asking what size shock you need?

230 x 65 mm on the mullet

230 x 60mm on the 29'r

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
The shock bushing sizes are 8x20 top, 8x40 bottom if that helps!
YT also told me if I fitted a different shock it would void the warranty, so I fitted a Marzocchi Bomber coil, awesome!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
The funny thing is that the boss of YT, Marcus Foresman, runs a coil on his own Decoy

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 09.31.20.png

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I may have led a sheltered life, but I have never come across (or read of, or heard of) a rider that wants to change the entire shock depending upon the ride. I can (just about) see that a professional competitor might need/want to do that, but they are more likely to have different bikes, or to have a techie that does that for them. Either way that person wouldn't be asking the question on this forum, they would know what to do. :unsure:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
A lot of the pros will change between shocks depending on what they are riding - e.g in DH and enduro some will run Coils on one track, and an air shock on another.

Also they will often make changes to the shock set up depending on conditions - I will change the set up on my bike for different riding. My bike is currently set up to be as smooth as possible when going fast, meaning the suspension "floats" over roots, rocks etc at high speed, but this also means its not that comfy at slower speeds.

Poupy

Mar 27, 2020
France
The pros all have mechanics who make the changes for them, then it is easier to have 2 dampers and to be able to change according to the wrinkles c is like the tires it is better to have 2 pairs of wheels than to change the tires, c is just faster , is if you have a breakdown you have a second spare

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles