Shimano Steps Brake Disc Rotor (back) not available, what now?

Ballameiro

Oct 6, 2020
Orange County
Hello Community,
I am not able to source/locate a disc brake rotor for Shimano Steps in 203mm, i.e. the back wheel version with Magnet. They seem to be sold out, at least in the US.
Any ideas for workarounds - buy the front wheel version and put/glue a magnet on there? Are there any Non OEM alternatives?

Any help appreciated,
regards,
mb

Jayvee

Apr 5, 2021
Corona, CA
Are you six bolt or centerlock? I am currently looking for RT-EM900/910 203mm centerlock as well. I will probably get a centerlock conversion to 6bolt and add the magnet. I found one in England but destroyed it last week in the skinny rocks. I found one in spain at Rumble Bikes DISCO 203MM C.LOCK STEPS ICE-TECH FREEZA but they dont ship to the US. Treefort bikes shows them online with no backorder date. Trying to go through bike shops is a joke as well as they are not up to speed on this new technology.

Ballameiro

Oct 6, 2020
Orange County
I was looking for exactly these rotors, i.e. the centerlock version. I bought Shimano Saint RT99 Ice Tech Rotors (centerlock) in 203mm, ND magnets and JD Weld Epoxy. I took out the old rotor, removed the magnet and placed both rotors above each other so that I could mark exactly where the magnet needs to be on the new rotor... I put a magnet on the front and backside of the rotor and used Epoxy. It works perfectly fine.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles