Wanted Shimano Freehub body spacer Y3G111000

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
Have spent quite a while trying to find one of these with no luck. Thought I'd got around the issue by tracking down a new SLX freehub body but in typical fashion it was supplied without the spacer which is trashed on my current hub body. If anyone knows anywhere that has these in stock in uk please can you let me know. Part number is Y3G111000. Compatible with the SLX Freehub Body 7110-B

Y3G111000.jpeg

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
I am also interested in getting one of these spacers, did this recommended items fit you 8100 hub?

Mine was the 7100 but it fitted fine. When I looked into it the 2 versions are interchangeable. Y3G111000 is for SLX and XT. Y3FM14000 is for XTR but by all accounts the 14000 version is just a stronger plastic. Fitted my SLX hub fine and fixed the creaking noise (though i did replace the freehub body at the same time).

Jsibby

Mar 6, 2021
Chichester
Thanks for that, very helpful. I was re-greasing the wheel bearings , I was a bit surprised to find that they are the old ball race style rather than sealed, they needed doing badly. I discovered my spacer is thoroughly mangled, but not creaking yet, although I have already replaced the whole hub including the free hub approx 9 months ago. The whole transmission needs a lot of maintenance. What we really need is a drive belt and a gearbox

D3xt3rMTB

Subscriber
Mar 16, 2021
UK
... I discovered my spacer is thoroughly mangled...

Yes, that's what mine was like. Pretty much all the "teeth" on the spacer were worn down to stubs. Hoping it's a case of just not being fit properly from new or a bad freehub body (it never gave a constant sound when freewheeling which the new one does) but will wait and see. Will probably have to change the cassette this year so will check it again then and see how it's holding up.

P.I.Engineer

Jul 3, 2022
Maple Valley, WA
hub was making noise, pulled it apart, 70% of teeth missing, of course can't find the part anywhere. For now i cut off all the teeth with flush cutters so it sits where it's supposed to and added a bunch of grease for a barrier, i'll replace the plastic part when i can find one.

oren abramson

Mar 14, 2022
Israel
Hello, I am looking for such spacer for M8110 (Y3G111000) or Y3FM14000, anyone know where can I order such ? seems like all is out of order ...
thanks

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles