shimano e8000 speed sensor

craig landau

Dec 19, 2018
brisbane australia
anyone got a spare speed sensor 340mm -440 mm for a shimano e8000 or know a company that sells them to australia without charging 1 kidney and left arm for postage

craig landau

Dec 19, 2018
brisbane australia
ISMDUE10.jpg

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
not sure why they go on about disc rotor , my bike had the magnet on the spokes not the rotor , so would this work still
You mean the sm-due11? I have that one. The connector that goes into the motor looks the same. The distance from the magnet and the pickup for the rotor is about 1cm. I'm explaining this because I don't know the distance between magnet and receiver for what you have. I have put a new rotor on, and glued a magnet to the rotor. I used a much smaller magnet than the original - only 5mm x 1mm - and it still works normally. So the receiver is fairly sensitive and could probably pick up the magnetic field from further than 1cm if it was a bigger magnet. The other difference, looking at the picture, is my type uses two bolts to mount. I suppose you could use tape combined with zip ties; I think I'd prefer the easier option of the original. If you're speed sensor plays up you're probably without assistance and a W011 / W013 error :eek:. I don't know what your problem is, but have you tried reseating the connector, and making sure that the suspension isn't pulling the cable tight (does it have enough length to accommodate suspension movement?). I had trouble, and I suspect that I caused it when I installed a new larger rotor. I pulled out the cable a bit from the frame to allow for the larger rotor and adapter. I didn't realise that I was pulling on the connector. I hope I've fixed it; haven't been for a ride since. I also gave the little socket in the motor a blast with compressed air.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles