Shimano e8000 overheating

The voz

Jun 17, 2020
Cornwall
Hi anyone having a problem with e8000 mines fine for 1-2 hours then get e10 error code took it to shimano service centre said put new software on it although E-TUBE was saying had latest they removed all error codes but same thing has happened again but this time motor cut out in boost briefly 3x at 10mph with no error code I’ve cleaned all electric connections it’s doing me nut in

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Check alignment of the speed sensor magnet with the sensor itself - I has this issue and it turned out the magnet wasn't close enough to the sensor - it was line up correctly but needed a washed behind the sensor itself to close the distance - when under loas the flex in the wheel was enough to cause it to momentarily cut the power, not helped by the fact my wheel had gone out of true.

Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 16.04.04.png

The voz

Jun 17, 2020
Cornwall
Went for a blast 1hr 15 mins 1st e10 battery just dropping in to 3rd bar then another a minute later kept in boost for next 45 mins and all ok could live with that hopefully

The voz

Jun 17, 2020
Cornwall
So with washer behind speed sensor all ports clean lastest firmware running last week all day at bike park no issues 2 batteries great today 2 hrs in all hell up with error code e10 and w13 I’m sure it’s an overheating issue .as your after riding for an hour ?no battery it worked again it’s now back at service centre anyone else had this

Intermtb

Jan 5, 2020
USA
Maybe ride in trail mode instead of boost too long. I rode in trail mode, climbing over 1 hour, no issue. I use boost occasionally, 1 time using boost less than 10 min on long boring road climb, no issue.

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
So with washer behind speed sensor all ports clean lastest firmware running last week all day at bike park no issues 2 batteries great today 2 hrs in all hell up with error code e10 and w13 I’m sure it’s an overheating issue .as your after riding for an hour ?no battery it worked again it’s now back at service centre anyone else had this

I had these error codes sometime last year, ended up with motor being replaced. Codes started out only happening occasionaly and powering off sytem and back on I would be able to finish my ride. Until 1 ride I got these codes and it never went away. If reinstalling software / updates did not fix the problem, I also did this as it was recommended, you most likely will end up with a new motor.

The voz

Jun 17, 2020
Cornwall
Hopefully that’s what will happen took video of problem as it’s fine for a bit I’m getting a bit fed up with shimano it’s ruining bike park days that you take time off work for thinking if pulling trigger on kenevo instead

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles