Shimano e8000 knocking noise

Remote160

Aug 16, 2020
West Sussex
Afternoon all,
On a ride this morning and about 10 miles into the 30 mile ride after some shredding on local trails I noticed this knocking noise. Lifted the rear wheel (motor still on) and just span it using my hand not turning the pedal and on every revolution it made a knock. Did the same when pedaling too? Decided the turn it off and investigate further and found know catching to rubbing etc. Turned the bike back on and the noise disappeared and didn't come back for the rest of the ride? It's a Kona Remote 160 bought new about 3 months ago? No loss of power or extra resistance for the rest of the ride was just looking to see if anyone else has experienced this? Thanks in advance

tomato paste

Mar 18, 2019
Germany
Do you have a video?

My Canyon Spectral:eek:n e8000 made a clicking/popping noise after I purchased it. It happened twice and both times subsided during the initial portion of the next ride before returning. Then it simply stopped altogether and I haven't heard it since.

I purchased the bike used, it was a journalist loaner that Canyon then resold, so the motor had about 1200km already. Have not had any noise issues since.

Remote160

Aug 16, 2020
West Sussex
No I didn't think to record it sadly! I will if it happens again though. Maybe just one of those weird glitches that only happens once? The popping you described sounds similar to my noise today we will have to wait and see!

Maxdown

May 10, 2019
Huddersfield
Did you ever sort this out, I seem to have the same issue on my Canton Spectral and e8000. It knocks on every revolution regardless of power on or off. Seems slightly worse in trial than eco as well. Not been able to find anything to help online so figure it’s a visit to shimano repair centre!

Maxdown

May 10, 2019
Huddersfield
Did you ever sort this out, I seem to have the same issue on my Canton Spectral and e8000. It knocks on every revolution regardless of power on or off. Seems slightly worse in trial than eco as well. Not been able to find anything to help online so figure it’s a visit to shimano repair centre!

just in follow up to this I found this was actually loose chainring mounting bolts and not the motor. Easy fix

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles