Levo Gen 2 Sell as frame n forks or full bike

cubbee

Dec 9, 2023
Whitby
Hi guys,do you reckon i should sell my levo as frame and forks or build it ip to sell as complete bike? Not sure what to do.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
welcome to the forum cubbee, if you area is anything like out here brand new ebikes are selling one to two thousand or even less than a year or two ago. There seems to be huge savings right now which makes resale of a used bike reap next to nothing. I know one of my bikes I paid $9,000 for in 2022 is now on sale for $5,000 !! Good luck with that ! personally I wouldn't spend a dime more on a used bike if I was planning on selling. Part it out if it's not rideable as it stands.
cheers 😎

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
People really into bikes buy frames newer or less into the sport guys buy complete. Id say it would be a lot easier to shift a whole bike than just the frame/fork. Thats from selling experience also.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Prospective buyers can test the bike and see that the shock works properly and that the frame works OK for them. They need a lot more experience and imagination to buy a used frame and shock. Oh, and they need to trust you! Things get much worse if there is a used motor and battery included! Therefore, a built-up bike is easier to sell.

However, I have only ever tried to sell one frame and shock (mtb, ten years ago). I got far more for it than I thought I would! :ROFLMAO:

cubbee

Dec 9, 2023
Whitby
I will build it back to standard more or less and sell it complete. Thanks for the input guys.👍👍

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Inverness
I’d probably list it as a frame/fork first and see if I had any luck, if it doesn’t sell then build it back up and sell it as a complete. There’s a lot of people that are looking to get on an e-bike but want to swap parts off their current bike.

cubbee

Dec 9, 2023
Whitby
I’d probably list it as a frame/fork first and see if I had any luck, if it doesn’t sell then build it back up and sell it as a complete. There’s a lot of people that are looking to get on an e-bike but want to swap parts off their current bike.
Thats what i thought too so may try it.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I sold my Levo SL as a frame only within a couple of weeks. Listed on eBay on one of their 80% off fees weekends, and managed to get £2250 for it (which was my Buy It Now price)... plus £30 shipping. I had the box and most of the packaging my new frame came in, so it was pretty easy to sort out. eBay gave me a pretty wide audience - I even had offers from a few potential buyers in other countries.

I notice someone on here sold a complete Levo SL for £2350 a week or 2 ago... but that could have been down to timing more than anything else, as mine was sold in June. Seems crazy to get wheels, tyres, drivetrain, pedals, bars, brakes, stem, fork etc all for an extra £100.

cubbee

Dec 9, 2023
Whitby
just out of curiosity, what year ect are you trying to sell ?
Its a late 2019 levo carbon comp. Forks and shock are vitually unused as i swapped them out a week or 2 after i got it. Its just had a fresh motor and is in excellent condition

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Its a late 2019 levo carbon comp. Forks and shock are vitually unused as i swapped them out a week or 2 after i got it. Its just had a fresh motor and is in excellent condition
just saw this on pb...

IMG_5131.jpeg

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I changed forks and brakes on same bike and year as you before I bought it so unused. I got 300 for forks and 120 for code r brakes.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I'd even consider stripping down the entire bike, as in motor and battery out too. Few if any companies sell the frame, but many damage the frame and are stuck needing an entire new bike as a replacement, so you can ask a premium for just the frame.
Battery and motor you could consider hanging onto either as a spare(as long as you stick with the same system), and the rest is standard kit to be sold off.
If you can do this carefully, you can maximize your money and effectively get the motor or battery as a freebie to yourself, the motor anyway as the battery is very useful as a range extender. If not free, which to be fair would be difficult, you should get it at such a price that anytime you would have bought either as a replacement, they would be very cheap.

I used to buy a complete bike, either new in a sale or 2nd hand. Select one part I wanted to keep, strip it totally for my sales, making it my goal to get back enough so that part became free.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles