Other "S" Button (top) REMOTE SHUTS OFF REMOTE

SNEEZE

Sep 15, 2020
LAFAYETTE
"S" Button (top) of Mode Remote
2s long press: Selects No Assist mode regardless of what mode the bike is in.

My question is once all buttons are disabled how do I get the buttons to function again.

comando-remoto-specialized-turbo-levo.jpg

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The top button is Turbo...ie regardless what mode you are in it takes you straight to Turbo. Never heard of a 2 sec press disabling the modes and when I hit that button in a rush on a trail I often hit it a couple of times and hold it to make sure I have engaged turbo...it does not disable anything. I suspect your is faulty.

DreamensioN

Aug 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
What would be really good is if that button could be customised in the Mission Control app. eg. Toggle on/off 100% shuttle mode. I actually thought (when I first got my bike) that's what it was for. .....then I realised it was just normal turbo mode.

SNEEZE

Sep 15, 2020
LAFAYETTE
Turn the bike off on the top tube then restart, wha la !
Unfortunately this did not work, also LBS said check mission control, this also did not work. Issue is if you flip bike over to work on, you may disable remote control.

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
"S" Button (top) of Mode Remote
2s long press: Selects No Assist mode regardless of what mode the bike is in.

My question is once all buttons are disabled how do I get the buttons to function again.

View attachment 41710
From the description above, it says “Selects no assist” mode. It doesnt (shouldn’t) disable the buttons. Cyclying the buttons should still work to get assist back. Maybe there is a problem. Can you change the assist using the TCU buttons..?

SNEEZE

Sep 15, 2020
LAFAYETTE
From the description above, it says “Selects no assist” mode. It doesnt (shouldn’t) disable the buttons. Cyclying the buttons should still work to get assist back. Maybe there is a problem. Can you change the assist using the TCU buttons..?
TCU still works, it took a full reboot to get some of the buttons on remote to work.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I wonder if that facility ( if that is in fact a facility!) is a more recent firmware update? My bike is 2019 Levo Comp and the manual does not say anything other than the top button puts you into turbo mode....on my bike there is no long press to go to no support. ( PS I would not put the bike upside on the bars with the motor on in any case)

SNEEZE

Sep 15, 2020
LAFAYETTE
I wonder if that facility ( if that is in fact a facility!) is a more recent firmware update? My bike is 2019 Levo Comp and the manual does not say anything other than the top button puts you into turbo mode....on my bike there is no long press to go to no support. ( PS I would not put the bike upside on the bars with the motor on in any case)
Its hard to fix a flat out on the trail, maybe its me, OLD SCHOOL.

Funkeydunk

Subscriber
May 28, 2019
Uk
What would be really good is if that button could be customised in the Mission Control app. eg. Toggle on/off 100% shuttle mode. I actually thought (when I first got my bike) that's what it was for. .....then I realised it was just normal turbo mode.
@Specialized Rider Care there are lots of references to the turbo button, the main one seems to be can we change the function to shuttle mode via the app? Personally I’ve never used the turbo button as it’s a faff to press so a click or two on the up and down mode buttons is easier. But if it could be used to activate say another profile or shuttle mode that that would be very handy.

DreamensioN

Aug 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
@Specialized Rider Care there are lots of references to the turbo button, the main one seems to be can we change the function to shuttle mode via the app? Personally I’ve never used the turbo button as it’s a faff to press so a click or two on the up and down mode buttons is easier. But if it could be used to activate say another profile or shuttle mode that that would be very handy.

It would make perfect sense to me... it already has the Specialized "S" written on it. "S"huttle Mode is a unique Specialized feature. Making that button toggle shuttle mode would be ideal. Way better than going into the Mission Control app to turn it on. And way more convenient for people who don't take their mobile phone with them when riding.

In all honesty...pressing the + or - button twice to get to turbo mode, or to turn off assistance is dead simple. Nobody "needs" a button to go to Turbo mode in 1 press. The muscle memory in the thumb is good enough just for a "tap tap".

So having the top "S" button to be customised to something would be huge. And if not shuttle mode, then maybe toggle a personalised preset tune like a "4th option". So you can have your 35/35, 35/100, 100/100 defaults, but then maybe say a 35/50 (or whatever) "personal" option (so you don't have to go into the Mission Control app to pick it while you're out on a ride). And the LED display on the TCU for the "personal" option could be having the "Eco" and "Turbo" LED on at the same time. So when you look down at the TCU, that's how you can visually tell if you're in your personal mode.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles