RRP Proguard Max

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I use an enduro front mudguard on my e160RSX but decided to go for a bit more protection for the wetter months. I chose the RRP Proguard Max.
Firstly I was impressed with quality finish/appearance and having fitted it, how it looks on the bike. It is also a very secure fit with very good fork seal protection. I have Fox 38 forks but decided against the bolt on version which does not look as secure.

20231025_141704.jpg 20231025_130441.jpg

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
We have the cable tie version on our Rails, no issues. Leave them on all year, can't be arsed to take them off for summer when in any case they stop stones chipping downtubes.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Funnily enough I’ve just purchased a set of RRP front & rear for a little something that I’ll be putting them on in the near future

IMG_4901.jpeg

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
I've got both versions on different bikes and they both work well. the cable tie guard is slightly longer than the bolt on.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have the bolt on (probably the "Standard"). Seems to work well on the 38's. It spent 2 years on he 36's on the Focus before this. The only difference being that the 36's needed one of the angled shim's to get the level correct.

1698310052327.png
1698310128966.png

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I use an enduro front mudguard on my e160RSX but decided to go for a bit more protection for the wetter months. I chose the RRP Proguard Max.
Firstly I was impressed with quality finish/appearance and having fitted it, how it looks on the bike. It is also a very secure fit with very good fork seal protection. I have Fox 38 forks but decided against the bolt on version which does not look as secure.

View attachment 127619 View attachment 127620

The guards looks a canny fit.
What caught my eye was the front wheel stand, are they readily available to buy or specific shop stands?
Always find your posts worth reading.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
What caught my eye was the front wheel stand, are they readily available to buy or specific shop stands?

I’ve got a few of them, they’re dead handy (and you can put your rear wheel in too, not just the front) 👍🏽

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland

Hello mate how ya doing, you nd Lou had a good festive break?.
Thanks for your reply will start a tinternet search straightaway 👍
I’ve got a few of them, they’re dead handy (and you can put your rear wheel in too, not just the front) 👍🏽

samjlevy

Jan 27, 2023
Manchester UK
Does the crown hit the mudguard at full compression?

I have the Fox mudguard and it's hitting with about 5mm of travel to go, very annoying.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Hi.....its a WillWorx Superstand ( WillWorx.com)...............and it is by far the best made and stable single wheel stand in my opinion and they do one that will take a 29er wheel with 2.5/2.6 tyre whilst many of the alternatives are too small for that combo. I have a few different stands for my bikes and they all work but dont hold a candle to the Superstand. The problem is they are not easy to find in the UK because there are no UK distributors ( I think it is an Australian or maybe US Company). I was lucky to find a guy who bought stock possibly for a shop showroom but was selling it off brand new.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles