Rocky Mountain Altitude C90

Robert Gifford

Jul 3, 2024
Vermont
Here is my Rocky mountain Altitude C90 2023 in large. I would love to ride it but it's been a problem child since I got it. Now it doesn't deliver torque smoothly. Less than 300 miles on it and Rocky mountain could care less. They have horrible customer service. I own two ebikes, both Altitudes an A70 from 2019 and the C90 from 2023. The A70 is a great bike. I have had very few issues with that bike. Its power connector is garbage, it rots and falls apart. I am on connector three in five years. Its a motor out install too. The C90 I would love to ride but it sits in the bike shop waiting for Rocky Mountain to help my local dealer fix it. Be very careful buying a rocky mountain bike as their ability to service problems is almost nonexistent. They don't support their dealers and they send customers with issues to the dealers. My C90 has been in the shop more then in my garage. This is about the most expensive bike they sell and they do not stand behind their products when problems occur. I am on a mission to get the word out as nothing else seems to work. Perhaps a VP of marketing will see this and I will get noticed??? Just because you spend a lot of money on a bike doesn't mean they will take care of you if the bike has defects. The say they warranty their bikes, I am here to tell you they actually dont.

bike pic.jpg

Mrj35

Sep 29, 2023
canada
Here is my Rocky mountain Altitude C90 2023 in large. I would love to ride it but it's been a problem child since I got it. Now it doesn't deliver torque smoothly. Less than 300 miles on it and Rocky mountain could care less. They have horrible customer service. I own two ebikes, both Altitudes an A70 from 2019 and the C90 from 2023. The A70 is a great bike. I have had very few issues with that bike. Its power connector is garbage, it rots and falls apart. I am on connector three in five years. Its a motor out install too. The C90 I would love to ride but it sits in the bike shop waiting for Rocky Mountain to help my local dealer fix it. Be very careful buying a rocky mountain bike as their ability to service problems is almost nonexistent. They don't support their dealers and they send customers with issues to the dealers. My C90 has been in the shop more then in my garage. This is about the most expensive bike they sell and they do not stand behind their products when problems occur. I am on a mission to get the word out as nothing else seems to work. Perhaps a VP of marketing will see this and I will get noticed??? Just because you spend a lot of money on a bike doesn't mean they will take care of you if the bike has defects. The say they warranty their bikes, I am here to tell you they actually dont.

View attachment 143231
The power connector was the reason I didnt go with the rocky. I rented one for a trip. accidently inserted it upside down and it blew the charger. You would think they would of designed a fault protection for that lol. Luckily the shop in town had a spare charger for me. Ive had 1200kms of trouble free on the norco range vlt though!

Robert Gifford

Jul 3, 2024
Vermont
The power connector was the reason I didnt go with the rocky. I rented one for a trip. accidently inserted it upside down and it blew the charger. You would think they would of designed a fault protection for that lol. Luckily the shop in town had a spare charger for me. Ive had 1200kms of trouble free on the norco range vlt though!
I didn't wreck a charger but the connector is junk. It starts to fall apart then the little door stays open. Rocky Sells the replacement part for 55 bucks but you can't just swap it out. The connector has no clearance so you cant remove it. You have to drop the motor to replace it. Bush league design. The design team that did this should have to replace ten connectors so they learn what it means to design for serviceability. They should have also retooled the connector in a different plastic. The original part is junk. All Ver3 bikes will need new connectors. My A70 is a good bike otherwise. I originally bought it for my wife so she would ride more. I ended up using it a lot. I am on the third drive line so its pretty hard on chains and sprockets. Was hoping the C90 was better, cant tell yet

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles