Rocky Mountain 2025

TonTonUB

May 27, 2020
France
Hello !

SC, Pivot, Trek, Spesh etc ... ok !
But what about rocky mountain for 2025 !
After all, this brand uses its own motor and batteries.

Will they deliver, for 2025 ?

Is anyone waiting for something special , from them ?

Personnally, i'd like :
- shorter cranks
- globally higher BB (or less low BB)
- frame kit option
- no mandatory global connect and other techno-gimmicks

Does anyone know anything about their 2025 powerplay lineup ?
They will surelly enter the 'SL' market.
But what about full fat motorized EMTB ? New motor, new tech, still of their own ?

PS / edit : i should have name the thread 'and justice for all ... brands, especially RM' ... shouldn't i ? :p

Last edited:

TonTonUB

May 27, 2020
France
Woaw ... I didn't expect much interest nor reply ... BUT not zero interest nor reply :eek:

Or maybe none has barely any info nor hint about nextgen (eventually) from RM for 2025 ? :unsure:

On another hand, i must admit that many ppl i was following on the internet, have left their rocky for other brands / models (Spesh Levo, mostly). And that makes me curious, really. :alien:

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
I'd be really interested to see a new bike and motor/ update from them.
Love the look of the power play line up and the motor is very interesting.

I was seriously considering getting a altitude power play but there are zero dealers in the south of the UK.
In fact it seems dealers across the UK are sparse. I'd love to demo one, but I've never even seen a power play in the wild.

Sudastone

Aug 14, 2022
San Jose, Ca

I was seriously considering getting a altitude power play but there are zero dealers in the south of the UK.
In fact it seems dealers across the UK are sparse. I'd love to demo one, but I've never even seen a power play in the wild.
Yeah, I have a 2019 Altitude Powerplay C90 and where I live in San Jose, California and the nearest Rocky dealer that services them is in Santa Cruz about 45 miles away. To me the fact that you have to take it in and pay to do firmware updates is the biggest pain in the butt.

TonTonUB

May 27, 2020
France
Here in France, i track RM events in hope to ride a demo bike, or to discover next generation of bikes, since a long time.
But i guess it will be like with dyname 4 generation : no demo, no events.
I wonder if market contraction will encourage some communication / events from RM, at least in France ?

Last edited:

JoRo

Jan 30, 2021
Finale Ligure
mountain_instinct_powerplay_sl_a_70_bc_edition_blanc_gris_fonce_01_rock.jpg
Screenshot-20241014-212847.png

SimonDee

Jan 23, 2021
Forest of Dean

I can see some choice of Powerplay dealers on the factory website in Southern UK. Sure you will have to travel as Rocky ain't Spesh (that's a good thing!), but a new Powerplay is an expensive long term investment. Isn't it worth a day of your time to try one out? Can thoroughly recommend Zerobikes btw.

Ooo looks like an SL won't be long...

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles