Rockshox charger 3.1 upgrade

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
As title
I fancy that 3.1 upgrade that Rockshox just released the £75 kit
but In 3 minds wether to try to fit it myself as a 200hr upgrade
send it off to get done professionally or to sell the charger that’s in my Zeb ultimates and buy the full replacement at £350ish

my thinking is doing it myself but unsure
Anyone done a 200 hr service was was it ok to do and special tools needed as in Rockshox vids they use special vice clamps to shock

thanks

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
As title
send it off to get done professionally or to sell the charger that’s in my Zeb ultimates and buy the full replacement at £350ish

Anyone done a 200 hr service was was it ok to do and special tools needed as in Rockshox vids they use special vice clamps to shock

thanks
Very interested in this for my Zeb.
When you say 350 pounds full replacement - looking at on line sales that is described as the ‘charger 3.1 damper upgrade kit’.
so what is the 75 pound kit you are referring to? could you add a link?

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
Very interested in this for my Zeb.
When you say 350 pounds full replacement - looking at on line sales that is described as the ‘charger 3.1 damper upgrade kit’.
so what is the 75 pound kit you are referring to? could you add a link?
Apologies. Found item you are talking about. Seems like I’d need a charger 3 damper and then be able to upgrade to 3.1 with the kit. My current damperis charger R so I’d have to buy the complete upgrade in any case.

megabobra

Jul 24, 2022
Australia
As title

thanks

I was keen on doing the same until I watched the rockshox video. For me, the risk is too high that I'll get air somewhere it's not meant to be when bleeding it, and it'll end up worse than when I started!

Maybe if I treat the Zeb to a 200hr service at a shop, I'll ask that they install the 3.1 upgrade as well.

Shame it's not easier to do, as I think this would play nicely with the TruTune in my 190mm Zeb.

PS just for clarity, this is the upgrade kit, link here:

1719650053111.png

Tyjay

Apr 27, 2020
Bedlington
I think I’ll give it a go watched a full video the other day didn’t seem too difficult
but…….. add in some new tools crowfoot ect and it adds up
i have contacted jtech about upgrading but there waiting on parts

think I might just wait too read some real world reviews on it see if it makes it better

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles