Rockguards mudguards

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
I need a new front guard. Anybody useing the Rockguards long front item?
Looks a bit close to the tyre so wondered if there is a clogging issue?
Suffolk mud gets very sticky.
Cheers

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Or another solid choice the RRP Proguard. I dont personally like those split design guards, crud in the stansions and crud spat through the gap and back in your face.
The Lab: RapidRacerProducts ProGuard MAX PROTECTION Review | ENDURO Mountainbike Magazine
Duuuude!

Rapid Racer Products Proguard Review - EMTB Forums

also... have you actually used the Crud XL?
It does allow a little mud to get to the stanchions and the arch. but only a little.
but it doesn't spit mud in your face.
if you've ever had a mudguard clog so badly your front wheel won't turn the CRUD is the boy!

Polaris

Oct 15, 2018
Lancashire, England
Duuuude!

Rapid Racer Products Proguard Review - EMTB Forums

also... have you actually used the Crud XL?
It does allow a little mud to get to the stanchions and the arch. but only a little.
but it doesn't spit mud in your face.
if you've ever had a mudguard clog so badly your front wheel won't turn the CRUD is the boy!
Gazzzzza! Man do you have a life or do you just stalk forums pointing people to your reviews? ;) Nice one though thanks, but you still gove the RRP a higher score so it much be better lol, even though i like the look of the Crud better. The RRP is fugly man and its all about asthetics

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
Just made a DIY plastic one for the moment......will probably go for the RRP as it MIGHT give slightly more protection to the seals.
have fun

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Gazzzzza! Man do you have a life or do you just stalk forums pointing people to your reviews? ;) Nice one though thanks
Haha... I'm a bot... your life is MY life ;)
even though i like the look of the Crud better. The RRP is fugly man and its all about asthetics
Dude. in the eyes of most cyclists. All Ebikes are Fugly.
Shit in your eye and hitting a tree with yer pus because of it can render the owner less than pretty too. We've all been there, eh? ;)
but you still gove the RRP a higher score so it much be better lol
If you read the entirety of each review (I know, WTF would do something like that these days, eh?) you'll see I only marked the CRUD lower because of it's slightly reduced mud sheilding ability and the fact it can and does allow mud to get to the stanchions and behind the crown. They're both great guards but argueing about which one looks least ugly is a bit like like asking which chuckle brother you'd rather sleep with ;)

BTW The CRUD isn't as durable to bending/re-bending as the RRP either.
Hmmm... Wonder how I know that ? ;)

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
argueing about which one looks least ugly is a bit like like asking which chuckle brother you'd rather sleep with ;)
Can I have the living one please, the other option is a bit to far for me :sick: :eek::eek:
PS I don't know if it's you or me thats going to get flamed for that quote :p

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles