Rock Shox Lyrik Fault??

Jay355

Apr 10, 2020
East Anglia
Can someone give me some advice?

I have been setting up the front end on the new 5.0, with a Rock Shox Yari, when but I have realised I may have a fault on the Lyik fitted to the 3.5.

On the Yari at full - compression if I hit the front break hard at 16mph I get good compression, measured on the band. Turn it to full + and it results in less compression , enabling me to tweak as appropriate with out any problem.

On the Lyik I done the same test but I cannot seem to notice any difference in compression between full - or +. My understanding is the Lyrik is superior only by the virtue it has the Charger Damper. So does it work in a different way?

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Can someone give me some advice?

I have been setting up the front end on the new 5.0, with a Rock Shox Yari, when but I have realised I may have a fault on the Lyik fitted to the 3.5.

On the Yari at full - compression if I hit the front break hard at 16mph I get good compression, measured on the band. Turn it to full + and it results in less compression , enabling me to tweak as appropriate with out any problem.

On the Lyik I done the same test but I cannot seem to notice any difference in compression between full - or +. My understanding is the Lyrik is superior only by the virtue it has the Charger Damper. So does it work in a different way?
sorry, I know its not helpful but I have the Lyrik on a Levo and I cant feel any difference from fully on to fully off when adjusting my compression, doesnt matter, its a decent fork and once you have the pressure, tokens and rebound sorted it performs well enough for me.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
I took mine back to the LBS as the dial had lost its adjustment clicks and the fork didn't feel right. LBS mechanic, very experienced, diagnosed that the damper had failed. Sent off to SRAM, came back serviced with a note:
"Please note this damper is not designed to provide a firm compression/lockout style feeling. This is a damper designed to fine tune compression adjustment for descending usage, and as such will be more noticeable when descending at speed."

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
This is interesting as l have the same issue with my 2020 Lyrik, rebound damping adjustment makes a very noticeable difference to the operation of the fork but compression damping adjuster seems to do nothing.

l guess it's a fine adjustment as suggested above.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles