Rise H30 wont turn on

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
So washed the bike as usual (light spray hose and soapy brush) a few hours earlier today and left it outside. Son just told me it seemed to be turned on and sure enough blue “on” light was on and the display too.

Turned it off and now it wont turn back on. Totally dead. I didnt read the display beforehand so unaware of any errors it may have displayed.

So Ive plugged it into the charger and its seems to be charging ok - no odd lights on charger - but when I unplug the charger the bike wont turn on. You would think the battery was totally dead but it was fully charged today and as you know they turn off if not used so it cant have sat since the afternoon turned on.

Haven’t dropped the motor yet but display cables seem ok

Any suggestions?

Thanks

P

penguinni

E*POWAH Snack Master
Subscriber
Jun 22, 2020
Bangor, N Ireland
……had a wee fiddle and the bike turned on but off again after a bit of pedalling on the stand.

When I pedalled backwards and rotated the rear wheel the blue on/off light flickered dimly.

Then after a few minutes I turned it on and it has stayed on.

Not sure if the gremlin has fecked off or is still lurking - a wee ride this weekend will tell!

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
When I pedalled backwards and rotated the rear wheel the blue on/off light flickered dimly.

aparently thats something they do 🧐

my mrs has a Rise, in december last year at about 9 months 'old' it decided to not turn on (after getting to Bpw and ready to leave the carpark:mad:), dropped off@ our Local Orbea dealer and they diagnosed the battery - replaced under warranty BUT took a month as Orbea had to approve the repair & the battery had to be shipped via road (not flown)...

bike repaired thankyou Cycle Solutions, Swansea:cool:

unfortunately, while the Rise was away for repair, my mrs being impatient decided to buy an S-works Turbo Kenevo sl frameset that was built mostly fromour spares stash and she hasn't ridden the rise since getting it back😐

Rich.

mikegarf

May 2, 2023
Manchester
Hi.
I've occasionally noticed the switch lamp flicker on mine too when it's been switched off. Seems to be if I drop or bang the bike. My gut feeling as an Electrician is that moisture is probably causing a partial short somewhere, could be in the switch itself. Mine always switches on but if you had too much moisture in there I would imagine it would may not switch at all. I know the switch module is listed as a spare at Orbea. Good luck 🤔

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles