Rise h15 with creaky front end?

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Love my h15 but it has an annoying creak at the front. I'm finding it hard to track down as it only seems to happen when riding. I know it's not the carbon bar I installed.

Anyone else had this? The headset? The forks? Thanks.

MikeL_mtb

Feb 15, 2022
New York
I had some headset noise after a crash, and the lower bearing separated, replaced it, and still had noise, so I did a full headset from cane creek and noticed that the plastic acros "preload" cap was messed up, the metal ring from the CC is much nicer. Also it could be the junction box in the frame, your switch/display connect to another junction behind the fork in the head tube, it's usually wrapped up with foam and zip ties, but it could be knocking around making noise too.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
I had some headset noise after a crash, and the lower bearing separated, replaced it, and still had noise, so I did a full headset from cane creek and noticed that the plastic acros "preload" cap was messed up, the metal ring from the CC is much nicer. Also it could be the junction box in the frame, your switch/display connect to another junction behind the fork in the head tube, it's usually wrapped up with foam and zip ties, but it could be knocking around making noise too.
I've had three crashes but the creak was before. I think it is the headset. I'll take a look. Thanks.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles