RIDERS WANTED.

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
Riders wanted to provide honest reviews of our eMTBs. Please visit VELOMONT website for email address and send us a short message with brief details about you and the type of rides you undertake and we will send you a more detailed questionnaire.

Important note. These are UNPAID reviews; we are not looking for sycophants. Equally we are not looking for tyre-kickers, just honest reviews. We will deliver a demonstrator bike to you and collect the bike a week or two later.

IMG_1912.jpg ND95side_1.jpg IMG_1949.jpg

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
Hmmm... I think we overlooked something there. Although the weather is probably more appealing.

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Riders wanted to provide honest reviews of our eMTBs. Please visit VELOMONT website for email address and send us a short message with brief details about you and the type of rides you undertake and we will send you a more detailed questionnaire.

Important note. These are UNPAID reviews; we are not looking for sycophants. Equally we are not looking for tyre-kickers, just honest reviews. We will deliver a demonstrator bike to you and collect the bike a week or two later.

View attachment 101254 View attachment 101255 View attachment 101256

That copper and grey looks super smart, love all the carbon too, even carbon wheels included at this price point seems like a great deal.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Good looks but The single pot front brake is a bit risky.

Agree with this. It's a 160/150mm travel bike but most of the parts seem to suit light trail use.

I think if the parts were specced a bit differently it would appeal to somebody looking for an enduro EMTB. Even if it was just a different option (more £) on the website.

Brakes - 4 pot
Dropper post - Handlebar remote operated
Tyre's - Sticky knobbly tyres
Suspension - Not heard of vmshox but could you offer one with a Fox 36/38 or Lyrik/Zeb?

Is this bike fully built in the UK (frame/wheels)? Not many are so this would be a big selling point imo.

Good luck with the company!

Last edited:

JStrube

Sep 15, 2022
Atwater, CA
Shoot, bring those to Sea Otter Classic in CA, you will get thousands of test riders!

Though, I would gladly fly to UK to test ride, oh shoot, that was last summer!

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
I don’t mean to knock you down (sorry, it’s gonna be a knock down, you could call it constructive criticism) but you’re going to need all the luck you can get selling those bikes with what looks like far below standard parts from non branded companies at over £4.5k. Especially when you can get a bike like the vitus e sommet vrs at £3750 which is loaded with proven high quality parts from big brands that have a proven customer support, service and spares system in place. Vitus have also been on the block long enough and known to build quality bikes. I would be happy to throw myself down the best of what the alps has to offer on a vitus. I wouldn’t feel confident riding yours to the local shop. You may have carbon but I wouldn’t bet my life/health on a non brand carbon (or even aluminium for that matter) that doesn’t have any known successful history of bike manufacturing under its belt, especially with spec list that bad. I Googled vmshox and the results were not good, nothing at all about bike suspension. Fairly confident they will break doing what a similarly priced bike with good spec would do with ease, very confident I would have no chance of repairing them or servicing them. And that’s just the suspension.
Good luck but you are way off the mark.

Last edited:

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Fairly confident they will break doing what a similarly priced bike with good spec would do with ease, very confident I would have no chance of repairing them or servicing them. And that’s just the suspension.
You need to back that up with facts rather than the heresay and tripe that a Computer Warrior would consider as fact ? Not sure you could.

From my experience some of the off beat non branded components can be very good, equally I have found some of the branded stuff shockingly bad.

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
You need to back that up with facts rather than the heresay and tripe that a Computer Warrior would consider as fact ? Not sure you could.

From my experience some of the off beat non branded components can be very good, equally I have found some of the branded stuff shockingly bad.
Spoken like a true hypocrite keyboard warrior attacking someone who is merely stating their opinion (not fact, get it right idiot) based on my many years of experience and I don’t have to prove anything to you. We live in a country of free speech, don’t like it tough s**t.
Find me some spares for them then and prove my opinion wrong.
Calm down or get lost

Last edited:

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
Agree with this. It's a 160/150mm travel bike but most of the parts seem to suit light trail use.

I think if the parts were specced a bit differently it would appeal to somebody looking for an enduro EMTB. Even if it was just a different option (more £) on the website.

Brakes - 4 pot
Dropper post - Handlebar remote operated
Tyre's - Sticky knobbly tyres
Suspension - Not heard of vmshox but could you offer one with a Fox 36/38 or Lyrik/Zeb?

Is this bike fully built in the UK (frame/wheels)? Not many are so this would be a big selling point imo.

Good luck with the company!
Hi Yorkshire89,

Thank you for the positive message. All bikes are custom built so customers can have any colour and can change any smaller components like dropper, brake or gears; sadly at extra cost though. We are trying to keep the base cost low in the current climate.

VELOMONT

VELOMONT
Aug 9, 2022
ENGLAND
I don’t mean to knock you down (sorry, it’s gonna be a knock down, you could call it constructive criticism) but you’re going to need all the luck you can get selling those bikes with far below standard parts from non branded companies at over £4.5k. Especially when you can get a bike like the vitus e sommet vrs at £3750 which is loaded with proven high quality parts from big brands that have a proven customer support, service and spares system in place. Vitus have also been on the block long enough and known to build quality bikes. I would be happy to throw myself down the best of what the alps has to offer on a vitus. I wouldn’t feel confident riding yours to the local shop. You may have carbon but I wouldn’t bet my life/health on a non brand carbon (or even aluminium for that matter) that doesn’t have any known successful history of bike manufacturing under its belt, especially with spec list that bad. I Googled vmshox and the results were not good, nothing at all about bike suspension. Fairly confident they will break doing what a similarly priced bike with good spec would do with ease, very confident I would have no chance of repairing them or servicing them. And that’s just the suspension.
Good luck but you are way off the mark.
Hi Spangoolies,

Wow, that’s a pretty scathing and ill-informed critique but thank you. Also a rather heated reply to another forum user; I’m sure we’re all better than that.

The Vitus E-Sommet isn’t really comparable. The Vitus is an all aluminium, 11 speed bike, weighing 24.3kg in a medium with a Shimano steps e7000 60nm motor. That’s 2,469 Nm of torque per metric tonne; in a medium, not even a large.

The Velomont is an all carbon, 12 speed bike weighing 21.95kg with 95Nm motor. That’s 4,328 Nm of torque per metric tonne; in a large.

A closer look at the shocks would have revealed the Velomont logo in place of the letter O. We get our shocks made in the same factory as some much larger names; we just don’t expect our customers to have to pay excessive prices; we also stock and sell service components for them. I am obviously interested to know the rationale that prompts your statement ‘fairly confident they will break’.

I think everybody is entitled to opinion but it’s probably safer not to pass opinion on something until you have tried it.

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
Hi Spangoolies,

Wow, that’s a pretty scathing and ill-informed critique but thank you. Also a rather heated reply to another forum user; I’m sure we’re all better than that.

The Vitus E-Sommet isn’t really comparable. The Vitus is an all aluminium, 11 speed bike, weighing 24.3kg in a medium with a Shimano steps e7000 60nm motor. That’s 2,469 Nm of torque per metric tonne; in a medium, not even a large.

The Velomont is an all carbon, 12 speed bike weighing 21.95kg with 95Nm motor. That’s 4,328 Nm of torque per metric tonne; in a large.

A closer look at the shocks would have revealed the Velomont logo in place of the letter O. We get our shocks made in the same factory as some much larger names; we just don’t expect our customers to have to pay excessive prices; we also stock and sell service components for them. I am obviously interested to know the rationale that prompts your statement ‘fairly confident they will break’.

I think everybody is entitled to opinion but it’s probably safer not to pass opinion on something until you have tried it.
I apologise, my first post was probably a bit full on, I won’t apologise about the reply to the other user his attitude called for it.
Typical that chainreaction have just increased the prices again but at the time I wrote that, the vitus e sommet vrs £3750 and that’s for a full slx 12spd groupset and shimano steps ep8 with 85nm and a 630wh battery. Also including rockshox zeb up front and super deluxe shock.
That’s a considerable value difference.
Who manufactures your suspension? I still can’t find a single result for reviews, parts or any info online about the suspension alone. Are you the only supplier of spares for these units or are they easily available elsewhere? Obviously I hope it doesn’t happen but what happens if you cease trading if you are the only provider of spares? This would be a big consideration in a lot of peoples choice on a £4.5k spend. Something you know your pretty safe with bigger brands.
The basis behind my statement of opinion (not fact waynemarlow) is I’ve been around the block for 40 years, riding for most of that time, addicted to mountainbiking since my teens. Never needed to use a shop for repairs, always done everything myself and I’ve gotten pretty good at it. From building wheels to suspension full service including shim alterations. I think I know more than the average about bikes. Yes ebikes are new to me but remove the motor and battery, it’s still a bike. Now in that time I’ve had experience with the best most expensive parts and the cheapest and the worst. I’ve hurt myself on cheap crap at an early age and seen friends that are new to the sport hurt themselves on cheap non brand components that are simply not up to the job. Now it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see that a company selling bikes with suspension that nobody has heard of, that has absolutely no info online other than your own website that it doesn’t look good or reliable. I understand everyone needs to start somewhere but thats a lot to risk considering the sport can be very dangerous and a rider is risking his/her life on the quality of those components. The usual case in todays market that’s flooded with cheap crap is that if you can’t find any info at all on something, chances are it’s going to be cheap crap that’s not fit for purpose. I hope that’s not the case with yours.

Last edited:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
I apologise, my first post was probably a bit full on, I won’t apologise about the reply to the other user his attitude called for it.
Typical that chainreaction have just increased the prices again but at the time I wrote that, the vitus e sommet vrs £3750 and that’s for a full slx 12spd groupset and shimano steps ep8 with 85nm and a 630wh battery. Also including rockshox zeb up front and super deluxe shock.
That’s a considerable value difference.
Who manufactures your suspension? I still can’t find a single result for reviews, parts or any info online about the suspension alone. Are you the only supplier of spares for these units or are they easily available elsewhere? Obviously I hope it doesn’t happen but what happens if you cease trading if you are the only provider of spares? This would be a big consideration in a lot of peoples choice on a £4.5k spend. Something you know your pretty safe with bigger brands
you seem awfully aggressive and possibly angry about a bike that you have no intention of buying..

Find me some spares for them then and prove my opinion wrong.
We get our shocks made in the same factory as some much larger names; we just don’t expect our customers to have to pay excessive prices; we also stock and sell service components for them
there they are !!
his attitude called for it.
no, it didn't.

Spangoolies

Nov 5, 2022
UK
you seem awfully aggressive and possibly angry about a bike that you have no intention of buying..

there they are !!

no, it didn't.
Shame on me for not wanting to see people possibly being deprived of a lot of hard earned cash for a bike that to an experienced rider doesn’t look like a good deal at all considering the alternatives. And I really wouldn’t want someone to seriously hurt themselves on what could be sub standard parts, especially after paying a price that could get them tried and tested quality parts with any bit of info, reviews etc that you could ask for.
And you would be happy to receive an insult for simply sharing your opinion? Yes I’ll admit my first post was a bit ott, but never once did I say ‘that will break’ like a factual statement, I said I’m fairly confident it would break. That’s an opinion that leaves room for consideration. I also apologised in advance for my critique, hardly worth an insulting comment/attack.

Last edited:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Shame on me for not wanting to see people possibly being deprived of a lot of hard earned cash for a bike that to an experienced rider doesn’t look like a good deal at all considering the alternatives. And I really wouldn’t want someone to seriously hurt themselves on what could be sub standard parts, especially after paying a price that could get them tried and tested quality parts with any bit of info, reviews etc that you could ask for.
And you would be happy to receive an insult for simply sharing your opinion? Yes I’ll admit my first post was a bit ott, but never once did I say ‘that will break’ like a factual statement, I said I’m fairly confident it would break. That’s an opinion that leaves room for consideration. I also apologised in advance for my critique, hardly worth an insulting comment/attack.
cool story bro !

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
And I really wouldn’t want someone to seriously hurt themselves on what could be sub standard parts, especially after paying a price that could get them tried and tested quality parts with any bit of info, reviews etc that you could ask for.
You really should be careful, liabelous statements from anonymous posters on the internet are now considered a crime in UK law.

Factual evidence supporting your statement is desperately now needed or retract would be my advice as Big Brother will know exactly which computer your missive was written on.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles