Levo Gen 2 Replacing front tyre Butcher with Schwalbe Magic Mary or Vittoria Mazza?

AlexR

Oct 10, 2020
Portugal
Hi,

I'm not happy with the front tyre, as it loses traction in cornering and slips suddenly, though I like its overall grip.
I've had just one minor fall caused by the tyre (not my own fault :rolleyes: ) so looking to replace it before myself or the bike ?‍♂️ get hurt.

I've tried going from 24 psi, 22, 20, 19 and finally 18 psi, with no clear gain on cornering traction. Running tubeless, weigh 72kg.

I'm looking to replace the Butcher with the either (EDIT):
1) new Schwalbe Magic Mary Super Trail 2.6 (1250g)
2) new Vittoria Mazza Trail 2.6 (1100g)

Anyone with experience with these tyres?

Don't think I need the MM on Super Gravity (1370g) nor the Mazza on Enduro / e-bike versions (1400g).

I ride a mix of varied terrain, mostly trails, not enduro, which includes sharp rocks, lose dirt, hardpack and everything in between, including some mud every now and then.

The others on my short list:
- Maxxis Assegai - apparently best for dry
- Michelin Wild Enduro - apparently best for wet

Note: I do like the rear stock Eliminator 2.3 Blck Diamond, so I'm keeping it until it lasts.

Thx!

Last edited:

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
almost anything is better than the butcher tyres, im heavier than you and I could feel the sidewall moving around a fair bit when cornering. I would also puncture the butcher tyres as soon as I mounted the bloody bike..

I have tried the michelin wild enduro and the assegai tyres and both are far, far better than the butcher. This time of year im using the assegai front, DH casing (its very rocky here) and maxxgrip

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles