• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Replacement Jockey wheel bolts for a 2022 Lego / SRAM Eagle 12 speed derailleurs - or tell me what size spec bolts they are!?!? Stripped the head.

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
Hello - I am trying to get the bolt out from the lower pulley wheel, and it's stripped (I didn't change it last time, my FLBS did)

Anyway, I tried a load of methods, nothing worked, so I am going to epoxy an Allen key into it, which will get it out, but then I have no bolt to go back in.

I haven't got a replacement bolt 'cos I bought non SRAM wheels this time and they don;t come with one.

Any suggestions very welcomed

(Edit, I'm UK based)

Last edited:

Marshall Willanholly

Subscriber
Oct 24, 2022
Oregon
Thanks for that - I can find the whole kit that way, but not just the bolts unfortunately

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
that is great huge thanks - however it's US site and the shipping to the UK brings it up to £24 and at that point I might as well buy a whole kit from SRAM!

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
somewhere a little closer to home *shrugs*

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
somewhere a little closer to home *shrugs*
it's their jockey wheels I am trying to fit!
They do not come with bolts so you have to supply your own or use the ones that came out :)

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Last edited:

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
Their webpage says explicitly that they care, and then they provide their email address.
What did they say when you asked for a replacement screw?
well, given they don't have any bolts listed on their site (as in I searched the entire site for "bolts") I didn't bother asking but I will do just in case!

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
hmm...
I tried googling SRAM jockey wheel screw.
There's some cheaper ones on ebay etc.

or
1 x M5 x 13mm (upper) and 1 x M5 x 14.5 (lower) countersunk bolts

Perhaps you can find an M5 x 14.5 countersunk screw

Those Uberbike ones will do even if they are mad priced cheers - I did see a load on ebay but they all looked like cheap direct shipped Chinese crap, and a 14 day delivery time from mainland china!

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
well, given they don't have any bolts listed on their site (as in I searched the entire site for "bolts") I didn't bother asking but I will do just in case!

Since you're just replacing the wheels and not the cage, I would assume that the screws will be identical. I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but I think there's a high probability. With that in mind, you could go down to the bike shop and ask if they have a broken derailleur they'll give you. Or maybe you'll get lucky and they will have salvaged some screws off a derailleur they were throwing out.

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
Well. This better work….
IMG_3930.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles