Render 10.0 HD Supreme or Cube Hybrid Stereo 140 Actionteam

pragrick

Oct 14, 2020
Prague
Hello all,
My first post here. I am really struggling between these two bikes and could use some advice. Render 10.0 HD Supreme or Cube Hybrid Stereo 140 Actionteam, both 2021 models. There are so many reviews on cube and I only found one from Rob on the Render. Price is not the issue here, only the bike itself for All Mountain application. Some advice please, which would you choose? Which has the better ride?
Thanks

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Hard to recommend to another person what would work best. Think about what kind of terrain you usually ride. Are the lengths of those suspensions enough?
Both are pretty basic with geo and pretty similar in it.
Radon has better parts and nothing really needs to be replaced right away.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Render 10 :

Cube : (2020 specs)

As @Mcharza a lot of the decision will be based on how and where you ride. They're both well spec'd bikes, with the Radon on paper showing better parts - but a lot of that will also come to personal preferences.

And there's also the - which one do you prefer the look of too .....

pragrick

Oct 14, 2020
Prague
Hard to recommend to another person what would work best. Think about what kind of terrain you usually ride. Are the lengths of those suspensions enough?
Thanks, I get the
Render 10 :

Cube : (2020 specs)

As @Mcharza a lot of the decision will be based on how and where you ride. They're both well spec'd bikes, with the Radon on paper showing better parts - but a lot of that will also come to personal preferences.
Thanks for the reply, I know the specs, I am more interested in the ride and physical bike itself. I ride trails, roots and small rocks, small jumps and unknown ways through woods. Starting to explore bike parks, looking to expand a bit. About the bike itself, not components. Which is better? I can replace parts but not the bike itself. Both have different rear suspension type, Is the cover good, watertight, exposed cables, design, overall opinions. I am looking for advice about one bike over the other from this point of view. Would be highly appreciated if anyone has ridden or seen these. Possible links to reviews? Thank you again.

Last edited:

pragrick

Oct 14, 2020
Prague

Thanks for the reply, I know the specs, I am more interested in the ride and physical bike itself. I ride trails, roots and small rocks, small jumps and unknown ways through woods. Starting to explore bike parks, looking to expand a bit. About the bike itself, not components. Which is better? I can replace parts but not the bike itself. Both have different rear suspension type, Is the cover good, watertight, exposed cables, design, overall opinions. I am looking for advice about one bike over the other from this point of view. Would be highly appreciated if anyone has ridden or seen these. Possible links to reviews? Thank you again.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Here's Rob's interview, enjoy

Alain78

Nov 2, 2020
France
Je suis nouveau sur le forum, j'habite en France et je voudrais donner mon avis sur cette question car j'ai un Radon Render 10.0 HD depuis début juillet. Ce VTT est superbe, très bien fini, très stable en descente et ne monte pas beaucoup en montée, en gardant la direction que vous souhaitez prendre. Matériel haut de gamme, dérailleur électrique, c'est un régal que je n'avais jamais utilisé.
Par contre, il faut savoir bricoler avec des VTT si vous commandez le Render, car je l'ai reçu en carton et le dérailleur, les freins, les suspensions n'étaient pas réglés, la tige de selle et le câble non montés, donc il y a un peu de préparation à faire avant de rouler.
J'ai eu du mal à régler le dérailleur électrique mais j'ai trouvé que c'était la patte de dérailleur qui n'était pas très bien alignée. Une fois l'alignement terminé, il n'y a plus de problème de réglage ce qui signifie un minimum d'outils.
A part tout ça je suis très content de ce VTT c'est génial(y)

I am new to the forum, I live in France and I would like to give my opinion on this question because I have a Radon Render 10.0 HD since the beginning of July. This mountain bike is superb, very well finished, very stable going downhill and does not go up much uphill, keeping the direction you want to go. High-end material, electric derailleur, it's a treat that I had never used.
On the other hand, you have to know how to tinker with mountain bikes if you order the Render, because I received it in cardboard and the derailleur, the brakes, the suspensions were not adjusted, the seat post and the cable not assembled, therefore there is a bit of preparation to do before riding.
I struggled to adjust the electric derailleur but found it was the derailleur hanger that was not very well aligned. Once the alignment is complete, there is no more adjustment problem which means a minimum of tools.
Apart from all that I'm very happy with this mountain bike it's great

photo7-7.jpg

photo8-8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pragrick

Oct 14, 2020
Prague
The bikes are very similar. Similar design, geo, parts and everything ?
Hi, thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I thought when looking at the specs. If all is almost equal, then I would go with the Render due to the great equipment and looks, but what I found confusing is in the reviews from "ebike-mtb.com", they list the geometry of the cube as being very good for forest roads and rolling type trails, as well as not bad on more aggressive riding. With the Render 10 they list the forest roads and trails as not so good at all and say that there is a lot of hand fatigue and not very comfortable riding (but they do not test the HD version, only 10). Similar geometry and even reach, etc., but different reviews. This is what is concerning me. How can both be true? It is a good amount of money and I want to pick the best I am able without test riding. You rode both both bike types, if not the same models. Are they both equal for comfort in trail riding? If you look at the attached files you will see what I mean. If the evaluations are accurate, my decision will be easy. I want to want the Render, but the evaluation here in the charts of the Cube, matches my riding needs. But the Actionteam is not a the best looking bike, but I could live with it. Is it possible, in your opinion, the Render is a good "trail Bike" similar to the Actionteam for roads and flow trails trails too? Thank You

Cube 140.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Render-10.jpg

Last edited:

fenwick458

Oct 6, 2020
Cumbria
basically, take reviews with a pinch of salt.
as stated already both bikes are incredibly similar, the radon has 1 degree slacker HTA, 7mm more reach and the BB is a few mm higher.
comparing the 2 bikes, the render 10 HD looks to be the better specced bike but it's much more expensive so it should be. do you really need 4 way adjustable forks, do you really need wireless shifting?
worth considering the render 10 too as it's cheaper.
heres a spreadsheet showing them side by side. yellow means same, green is the better part in my opinion, if it's blank I have no input.
If the choice was mine I'd go for the render 10. reasons: longer reach (I'm 193cm), more travel, slacker Head angle, cheaper
but it's personal preference

cube vs radon.png

pragrick

Oct 14, 2020
Prague
Je suis nouveau sur le forum, j'habite en France et je voudrais donner mon avis sur cette question car j'ai un Radon Render 10.0 HD depuis début juillet. Ce VTT est superbe, très bien fini, très stable en descente et ne monte pas beaucoup en montée, en gardant la direction que vous souhaitez prendre. Matériel haut de gamme, dérailleur électrique, c'est un régal que je n'avais jamais utilisé.
Par contre, il faut savoir bricoler avec des VTT si vous commandez le Render, car je l'ai reçu en carton et le dérailleur, les freins, les suspensions n'étaient pas réglés, la tige de selle et le câble non montés, donc il y a un peu de préparation à faire avant de rouler.
J'ai eu du mal à régler le dérailleur électrique mais j'ai trouvé que c'était la patte de dérailleur qui n'était pas très bien alignée. Une fois l'alignement terminé, il n'y a plus de problème de réglage ce qui signifie un minimum d'outils.
A part tout ça je suis très content de ce VTT c'est génial(y)

I am new to the forum, I live in France and I would like to give my opinion on this question because I have a Radon Render 10.0 HD since the beginning of July. This mountain bike is superb, very well finished, very stable going downhill and does not go up much uphill, keeping the direction you want to go. High-end material, electric derailleur, it's a treat that I had never used.
On the other hand, you have to know how to tinker with mountain bikes if you order the Render, because I received it in cardboard and the derailleur, the brakes, the suspensions were not adjusted, the seat post and the cable not assembled, therefore there is a bit of preparation to do before riding.
I struggled to adjust the electric derailleur but found it was the derailleur hanger that was not very well aligned. Once the alignment is complete, there is no more adjustment problem which means a minimum of tools.
Apart from all that I'm very happy with this mountain bike it's great

View attachment 43513

View attachment 43514
Very informative review! Is it a good ride for flat rolling trails too? For assembly and initial set up of the bike, they are offering to have it delivered to a bike shop and they will do the setup for 40 euros, then you only have to come and pick it up. Thank you for your review, it is useful and solid information!

Last edited:

Alain78

Nov 2, 2020
France
Le Render est parfait sur les sentiers plats, on atteint rapidement 25, je fais beaucoup de randonnées. Oui, je savais que nous pourrions le faire livrer à un partenaire Radon mais le plus proche était à 2 heures de route, le temps passé plus l'essence et le temps de montage à payer, je préfère le faire moi-même car je sais comment c'est fait.
Au début j'ai eu un petit crépitement dans la direction, j'ai démonté la fourche, regraissé le casque et depuis plus rien.
J'ai alors eu une petite fissure dans le cadre au niveau de l'amortisseur je croyais que c'était la fixation que j'avais graissée, mais non, c'était une petite vis fixant le support de pile qui était légèrement dévissée, puisque rien.
Pour répondre fenweek458 concernant les pneus, je les ai changés, j'ai mis des courants de Foucault, mais le suprême n'a plus les mêmes pneus que moi, ils sont de meilleure qualité.
Le cintre je l'ai changé aussi j'ai mis un Renthal Fatbar 780.
La tige de selle télescopique mesure 125 en taille M et 150 dans les autres tailles.

pragrick

Oct 14, 2020
Prague
Le Render est parfait sur les sentiers plats, on atteint rapidement 25, je fais beaucoup de randonnées. Oui, je savais que nous pourrions le faire livrer à un partenaire Radon mais le plus proche était à 2 heures de route, le temps passé plus l'essence et le temps de montage à payer, je préfère le faire moi-même car je sais comment c'est fait.
Au début j'ai eu un petit crépitement dans la direction, j'ai démonté la fourche, regraissé le casque et depuis plus rien.
J'ai alors eu une petite fissure dans le cadre au niveau de l'amortisseur je croyais que c'était la fixation que j'avais graissée, mais non, c'était une petite vis fixant le support de pile qui était légèrement dévissée, puisque rien.
Pour répondre fenweek458 concernant les pneus, je les ai changés, j'ai mis des courants de Foucault, mais le suprême n'a plus les mêmes pneus que moi, ils sont de meilleure qualité.
Le cintre je l'ai changé aussi j'ai mis un Renthal Fatbar 780.
La tige de selle télescopique mesure 125 en taille M et 150 dans les autres tailles.
Merci pour l'information. Vry utile. C'est un très bon vélo, à la fois esthétique et équipement de qualité.

1604333096497.png

pragrick

Oct 14, 2020
Prague
basically, take reviews with a pinch of salt.
as stated already both bikes are incredibly similar, the radon has 1 degree slacker HTA, 7mm more reach and the BB is a few mm higher.
comparing the 2 bikes, the render 10 HD looks to be the better specced bike but it's much more expensive so it should be. do you really need 4 way adjustable forks, do you really need wireless shifting?
worth considering the render 10 too as it's cheaper.
heres a spreadsheet showing them side by side. yellow means same, green is the better part in my opinion, if it's blank I have no input.
If the choice was mine I'd go for the render 10. reasons: longer reach (I'm 193cm), more travel, slacker Head angle, cheaper
but it's personal preference

View attachment 43517
I like this a lot, thanks!.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Is it a good ride for flat rolling trails too?
If it helps, I have a 19 Kenevo and it's surprising how good anything like that is even on the mundane stuff. It's all a bit different with e-bikes, so not something you really need to worry about compared to the most efficient normal bike for those circumstances.

pragrick

Oct 14, 2020
Prague
Very informative review! Is it a good ride for flat rolling trails too? For assembly and initial set up of the bike, they are offering to have it delivered to a bike shop and they will do the setup for 40 euros, then you only have to come and pick it up. Thank you for your review, it is useful and solid information!

le couvercle de la batterie est-il bon? Y a-t-il un problème avec l'eau?

1604385447628.png
is the battery cover good? Is there a problem with water?

Alain78

Nov 2, 2020
France
The battery cover is very well made, it plates well and is very easy to disassemble and reassemble with the rubber band. When I saw mountain biking I said to myself, the system with the elastic band is not terrible and finally I find it very good and easy to use. I have washed my mountain bike with a water jet several times and there are a few drops of water on the battery but nothing serious, the dust tightness is good too.
The battery cover is fragile to scratches, it should not be scratched on there is mud, I dismantle it, I put it in a bucket of water and I wash it with a sponge.
For info the Bike-Discount store sells spare parts, I bought a battery cover, a shoe and 2 spare rubber bands.

Gavalar

Feb 4, 2019
UK
Hello all,
My first post here. I am really struggling between these two bikes and could use some advice. Render 10.0 HD Supreme or Cube Hybrid Stereo 140 Actionteam, both 2021 models. There are so many reviews on cube and I only found one from Rob on the Render. Price is not the issue here, only the bike itself for All Mountain application. Some advice please, which would you choose? Which has the better ride?
Thanks
I love the look of the render, great looker, competitive price etc but the big turn off for.me was the old Spoke Magnet and Speed Sensor tech, most other brands have the sensor built into the dropouts / chainstays and the magnet integrated into the rear disc making for a more reliable system, lose a spoke magnet when out on the trail and your fun ends.

pragrick

Oct 14, 2020
Prague
I love the look of the render, great looker, competitive price etc but the big turn off for.me was the old Spoke Magnet and Speed Sensor tech, most other brands have the sensor built into the dropouts / chainstays and the magnet integrated into the rear disc making for a more reliable system, lose a spoke magnet when out on the trail and your fun ends.
Thank you, I agree... I started chatting with Sam from "Sam's bikes", he guided me toward the best fit for me and I bought a Trek 9.7 and am upgrading the parts. It is awesome! I. Test rode the KTM Prowler, Cube actionteam, and haibike 7, and love the trek rail! Thanks to you all for replying

Last edited:

Alain78

Nov 2, 2020
France
I'm happy for you Pragrik that you were able to find your happiness and take good advantage, to answer Gavalar, it's true that the magnet on the record is more aesthetic, but on the other hand I think that the magnet in the disc must recover more metal wear waste from braking and pad wear.
For me, the magnet on the spoke doesn't bother me, I always have an additional magnet in my bag and on the Render I add a magnet holder made by Lapierre.

ET-Présentation-Lapierre-2018-152.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I love the look of the render, great looker, competitive price etc but the big turn off for.me was the old Spoke Magnet and Speed Sensor tech,
Is this just a sign of how fickle we're becoming ? I totally agree with you, but it's worked for speed sensors for many many years. You can also carry a spare on another spoke (Though not in the same position or you'll only be able to go 7.5 mph :) )

They still have jutty out motors and gorged python downtubes .. yet we all turn out heads and say "oh lordy, look, he's got a magnet on his spoke ! I'd only ride at night if my bike was like that"

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles