Registered charge cycles

Blueblob

Aug 29, 2018
Guildford
Apologies if been asked before.
The mission control app gives diagnostics including how many charge cycles.
An example situation:
If I use 20% of my battery going to work and back and charge it, will it record that as being charged once.
What's best practice here?

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I guess I noticed interesting "glitch" yesterday when I picked up a new 2020 TL Comp from lbs: the battery charge was at 54% and after installing Mission Control app I checked battery info which showed 1 charging cycle. Then I went on about 20km test ride and after returning I checked battery info again and it now shows 32% and 2 charging cycles, wtf :oops:

Regarding OP question: if you're using only 20% why not going to the work couple of times before charging? I think continues cycles 80-100% are also not the best thing that can happen to the battery ...

Blueblob

Aug 29, 2018
Guildford
Thanks for the replies.
Salko: I was more plucking that figure out of the air and haven't done that before.

Though next Tuesday I need to ride to work and back, 20mins later throw it in the car to meet for a night ride with a group and don't want to take charger to work etc.
I would of ridden to work the previous day so it would be about 80% charged.

First world problems and all that...

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I guess I noticed interesting "glitch" yesterday when I picked up a new 2020 TL Comp from lbs: the battery charge was at 54% and after installing Mission Control app I checked battery info which showed 1 charging cycle. Then I went on about 20km test ride and after returning I checked battery info again and it now shows 32% and 2 charging cycles, wtf :oops:

Regarding OP question: if you're using only 20% why not going to the work couple of times before charging? I think continues cycles 80-100% are also not the best thing that can happen to the battery ...
I think I figured out why cycle count has increased for +1 without charging: it seems like Levo is not registering 1 cycle by charging the battery for whole 500Wh / 700Wh but when the the bike consumes 100% of battery capacity ...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles