Rear wheel spoke magnet twists while riding!

SenderoSeeker

Dec 9, 2018
Madrid, Spain.
So I have my new bike, the Radon Render and the magnet on the rear wheel moves around while riding. Two rides so far and twice the motor has cut out due to this. The screw is as tight as I can make it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips or tricks? A dap of glue?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
So I have my new bike, the Radon Render and the magnet on the rear wheel moves around while riding. Two rides so far and twice the motor has cut out due to this. The screw is as tight as I can make it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips or tricks? A dap of glue?
A dap of glue for a temporary fix but I would contact the manufacturer with pics. Maybe a new magnet and screw. And exaggerate how your life is a living hell with it like this. ??

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
Mine used to do this when new.
Might just be the spokes settling in, try to relax the spokes (lateral force to hub)
Any new vids fella?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Straighpull spokes?
If so the whole spoke can rotate as tension fluctuates while riding. It is especially noticeable under aggressive riding and side loads. The solution is to somehow stop the spoke head and nipple moving. Threadlock in the rim seat and hub spoke hole can help. Otherwise look at tieing the magnet between two spokes either by ingenuity DIY. Or a product such as Zims mentioned.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Sorry, that took sooo long to find ... here's one, so you should be able to find more from the description !

magnet.jpg

SenderoSeeker

Dec 9, 2018
Madrid, Spain.
Sorry, that took sooo long to find ... here's one, so you should be able to find more from the description !

View attachment 53119

Great. I’ll take a look. Cheers

SenderoSeeker

Dec 9, 2018
Madrid, Spain.
Straighpull spokes?
If so the whole spoke can rotate as tension fluctuates while riding. It is especially noticeable under aggressive riding and side loads. The solution is to somehow stop the spoke head and nipple moving. Threadlock in the rim seat and hub spoke hole can help. Otherwise look at tieing the magnet between two spokes either by ingenuity DIY. Or a product such as Zims mentioned.
Yes it’s when the trail gets rough. I’ll check and see if this could be the reason. Cheers!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
it should only be able to move if the screw loosens. Use some loctite and leave for 24hours before use.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Mark the spoke with a dot of paint/tippex if you want to be sure that's your issue.
But if they are indeed straight pull I'd put money on it being the whole spoke rotating.

SenderoSeeker

Dec 9, 2018
Madrid, Spain.
Mark the spoke with a dot of paint/tippex if you want to be sure that's your issue.
But if they are indeed straight pull I'd put money on it being the whole spoke rotating.
So that did the trick. Was spinning. I’ve moved it to the next spoke and it seems to be fine. Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles