Rear shock swap is the rockshox super deluxe worth it ?

Dano78

Dec 3, 2019
Uk
So I was in the process of swapping my forks and shock over to fox , brought a 38 and dpx2 but couldn't get on which the 38 , so went back to the lyrik which I love , but I cant have fox on the rear as my OCD wont allow it , I'm thinking of buying the rockshox super deluxe that comes with the 2021 models what are peoples opinions on it ?

Screenshot_20211113-083531_Chrome.jpg

Bupkus

Dec 10, 2021
S.F. Bay Area
So I was in the process of swapping my forks and shock over to fox , brought a 38 and dpx2 but couldn't get on which the 38 , so went back to the lyrik which I love , but I cant have fox on the rear as my OCD wont allow it , I'm thinking of buying the rockshox super deluxe that comes with the 2021 models what are peoples opinions on it ?

View attachment 75930
Did you buy the Rockshox Super Deluxe Ultimate? If so, how are you liking it? I want to do the same thing to my Rail 7 but I’m having trouble finding one.

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
I have one, really nice shock. I run a coil most of the time as I prefer the feel but the ultimate air is super plush on the small stuff, not a million miles from the coil. Impressive.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
I just had one fitted to my 2020 Rail as a warranty replacement.
It's night and day better than my original re activ one.

Over the hill

Jul 25, 2021
USA
Looking to do the same thing, (2020 rail 7 large). After reading about reservoir clearance problems this thru shaft looks like a winner. Other than replacing the two top shock bolts is this a direct fit?

Bupkus

Dec 10, 2021
S.F. Bay Area
Looking to do the same thing, (2020 rail 7 large). After reading about reservoir clearance problems this thru shaft looks like a winner. Other than replacing the two top shock bolts is this a direct fit?
Yes it is a direct fit. You’ll need the top and bottom bolts. They about fifty bucks U.S. for all four. Make sure you get the shock with the 40mm bottom mount not the 50 mm asymmetric bottom mount.

Over the hill

Jul 25, 2021
USA
Yes it is a direct fit. You’ll need the top and bottom bolts. They about fifty bucks U.S. for all four. Make sure you get the shock with the 40mm bottom mount not the 50 mm asymmetric bottom mount.

Thanks Bupkus, looking at treks website they list this shock as a replacement for the slash with two travel options (M tune on compression and rebound). Is this tune correct for heavy rail? With gear I'm 185lb.

Doesn't mention anything about reactive (which I do not want).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles